cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent dial tone, but 1571 not working

RadioFox
Grafter

Intermittent dial tone, but 1571 not working

For the past few weeks I've noticed that I've been getting an intermittent dial tone. I've only recently got round to trying to find out what is causing it.
It seems that it's due to a message left on voicemail 1571. However, reading the help pages says that this is something I have to activate myself, which I have never done. Although my Phone Control Panel shows that it actually is activated (green dot).
When dialling 1571 though, it doesn't connect to anything & the intermittent dial tone just carries on.
Have I actually got a message waiting or not?
4 REPLIES 4
Wrighty11
Grafter

Re: Intermittent dial tone, but 1571 not working

Hey Radiofox.
That does sound odd, usually there is a message when the service activates as a guide on how to use it.
Looking on your call addons it is enabled. If you like I can remove it if you don't want it or I can raise a fault on the feature.
Let us know what you would like and ill sort it.
RadioFox
Grafter

Thanks for the quick reply Wrighty11.
As I have my own answerphone, I don't really need the 1571 feature, so if you could remove it, that would be good.
I have been with Plusnet for around 4 months now, but only recently noticed the interrupted dial tone.
Would removing the 1571 service get me my normal dialling tone back, or am I now stuck with this one?
Wrighty11
Grafter

No worries,
Ive put the 1571 through for removal now, this should take about 24 hours.
This should return your dialing tone to normal as the intermittent one is to alert you to a Voicemail on the line.
RadioFox
Grafter

Thanks.  Smiley