cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation woes, help me oh plus net kenobi, yer me only hope

Moontoya
Dabbler

Installation woes, help me oh plus net kenobi, yer me only hope

So, I ordered +net on a friends suggestion when I moved to a new flat.  (TLDR at the bottom)
August 4th I  ordered, first install date.... september 5th, oh well i`ll live without home internet til then, such is life (and it sucked), the day rolls around I make sure someones available to let BT in, and ... they no show, but claim they did. End result, I gotta fork out for another install, which, grumbling mightily since I know they no showed on me, I do.
New install, october 5th, which I wangle the time off work, sit at home and lo and behold they actually show up, install my phone line, hurrah I can has dial tone and call +net to say `gentle folk, BT have gotten the finger out, would you kindly turn DSL tones on for my new phone number`, and yeah verily they did so, saying `it`ll be complete by the 13th`.
With trepidation I await the date rolling around, firing up the router and checking to see if I have signal every day or so, alas I am disappointed, no dsl.
The 12th rolls around, still no dsl, I pick up the phone to make a call, but whats this, stoney silence greets me, I tap the cradle and bounce the line, still nothing, I check the cabling, all attached, I check the filter, its in solidly, whatever can be amiss ?  I plug the phone directly into the wall jack and am rewarded with .. well actually no, its still deader than my chances of dating Sigourney Weaver.  Ahah, thinks I, this would explain why the router isnt getting dsl tones and getting me online, oh well I have to toddle off to work, perhaps its just down whilst they turn on dsl.
I return home tonight (this morning?) and.. dont get ahead of me here, Im the one telling the story, I still have no dial tone and lawks a lordy no dsl signal either.  I have no phone to call +net and ask them to fixy fixy makee better, the only net access I can scrape up is via a 2g wifi card which is slower than a 33k modem (yes remember those?).
TLDR:-  Dsl due complete on 13th October, day rolls around No dial tone, no DSL, HEEEEEEEEEEELP !
30 REPLIES 30
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Installation woes, help me oh plus net kenobi, yer me only hope

I'll arrange someone to get in contact via the mobile number on your account!
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Moontoya,
As per our phone conversation I have raised a line fault with our suppliers as diagnostic tests have picked up on an issue outside of your premises. As promised I'll keep you up to speed with regards to the progress of this.
I will also address the issues you had with the original engineer visit for the installation.
Sorry to see you've had a few issues at such an early stage. I'll keep on top of this for you and try and turn things around as fast as we can.
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi there,
I'm not sure if you've seen my SMS yet, the fault is still open with our suppliers so I have requested escalation.
I'll provide you with another update in the afternoon.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Moontoya
Dabbler

I've been getting your sms updates,  very helpful.
I did get a call from a local number I didnt recognise.... right when I was showering before heading to work, if its the BT engineer they arent responding to me calling the number back (4 attempts and it just rings).
no dial tone still as of 3:25pm when I left for work

aaaand.. BT just called again, theyre on site working on the phone lines and just needed to establish where I actually lived, if they need into the premises I`ll call the landlord and have him pop round.

*Crosses fingers*

btw, the level of support and information Ive gotten via the forum is -vastly- superior to the folks (manilla?) I keep getting when I call in,  thank you VERY much indeed Adam, its nice to run into this level of customer support. If plus net do feedback surveys you`ll be getting a glowing report from me !
pierre_pierre
Grafter

those two PN workers forgot to welcome you to the Forum
There is a feed back section, a few people do use it to give reports, good and bad, a few use it for moans
PN used to get people who phoned in to do a questionnaire and I think gave prizes, But I very rarely phone in
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

If plus net do feedback surveys you`ll be getting a glowing report from me !

Thanks a lot Moontoya, I might just have to ensure you receive one then Smiley
Yes, engineers are working in the local area today after the fault was escalated with our suppliers. We should have some more information and a resolution to the fault very soon.
btw, the level of support and information Ive gotten via the forum is -vastly- superior to the folks (manilla?) I keep getting when I call in,  thank you VERY much indeed Adam, its nice to run into this level of customer support.

Good guess Manilla but not far off Wink as well as our contact centre here in Sheffield we do have one in South Africa, Durban to be precise.
Speak soon,
Adam.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
James
Grafter

We still do Pierre - I ran through all the survey reports every morning.
I don't think we ever gave out prizes though - but we do call some of them back that have had problems to try and get things sorted.
Moontoya
Dabbler

No further update from the BT bod, returned home, no dial tone and obviously no dsl.

Fnassin sassin rassin
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi Moontoya,
I'm sorry this fault has taken a few days to resolve despite it being escalated last week.
As per the chat we've just had this issue should be completely resolved. I've updated your support ticket so please let us know if things have improved.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Moontoya
Dabbler

So, no updates from BT over the weekend, not even so much as a courtesy call to say `hey sorry, something broke on your line`, typical what do they think they are, a monopoly?
Anyhoo, I check the phone line at 1ish today, before heading out the door to work, no dial tone, ah well, plus net is on the case for me, it`ll be fixed soon.
Whilst driving in, my cell rings, being a nawty person I answered it just as I pulled into the carpark at work, it was plusnet cheerfully letting me know BT has informed them that the fault has been resolved.  Being the cynic I stated `well it wasnt fixed half an hour ago when I checked, but maybe BT has fixed it between that point and now, so I thanked the plusnet folk and promised to check it when I got home.
1 `action packed` (yeah right) monday call handling shift later............ (no, no montages)
Came home, hoping that it was fixed.
Picked up the phone, no dial tone, self, said I, this is not good, but self, you should check things to be sure.
so, after arguing with myself and sticking the kettle on, I disconnected the dsl filter and plugged phone in directly, no dial tone.
well maybe the phones knackered, its after all only brand new at a tenner from asda
plugged the filter in, plugged router and phone into it
tried the router, no dial tone detected,
removed phone, no dial tone detected
switched to the `spare` filter, no dial tone detected.
powered router down, sacrificed a virgin goat to yogg shaggoth, recited the 23 most nawty things that thou art not supposed to mention in public, promised to get an autographed copy of Tony Blairs autobiography (its in the book shop, you`ll find it  in the general fiction or comedy sections) and started it all back up from scratch.
not a sausinge as bluebottle is wont to say
I am just slightly annoyed, the bt bod called me on friday -being unable to locate where I lived-, never asked to come anywhere near the premises, I had the landlord ready to pop round and let them in to the drop point if theyd needed in, but no, one call and nothing more from BT, no updates or checks from BT today, just the assumption that  its fixed now.
So plus net, here I sit, once again bereft of dsl, unable to ogle the world of warcraft cataclysm cinematic, or partake in much lulz at 4chan or even check my email with any sort of stability.  Im working 2pm to 2am tuesday, thursday and friday, but Im off all day wednesday, it`d be nice if you could yell at BT some more and get them to sort this nonsense out for me.
ps, Im upset at BT, not plusnet, you folks are being generally nifty keen.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Moontoya,
We're most disappointed as to the lack of communication from our suppliers and also for the amount  of time this has taken to resolve. I will be escalating this further and will persist with letting them know that this fault requires urgency, especially as they did communicate to us yesterday that the fault should have been resolved.
I need to refer you to some information on your ticket with regards to the progress of the fault.
I'll try giving you a call shortly to discuss this further and let you know what we can do to get things moving.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Moontoya
Dabbler

No updates from BT, no dial tone, no dsl, rather frustrated.
Will my bill be adjusted since realistically, ive not had any service  as yet?
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Moontoya,
Adam isn't in today. I've had a look and as of yet there are no updates I can see. I will get him to chase this up in the morning and get him to call you with the latest.
Jojo Smiley
Moontoya
Dabbler

Still no sausinges.
I suspect this isnt going to be fixed til sometime next week at this rate.
[me=Moontoya]slinks away to sulk in the corner[/me]