cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Fears

Renzokuken
Dabbler

Installation Fears

Hi people.I've just signed up to plusnet value package with no problem and i have been given an installation date.My concern lies in the fact that there is a phone line in this house already from previous owners.We moved in quite a long time ago (like 16 years ago) and have not thought about getting broadband until now.The installation date is 04/10/2010 and wanted to know if this is going to be a problem for the engineers that will come.
5 REPLIES 5
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Installation Fears

Welcome to the forum Renzokuken.
Are you saying that there are two phone lines to your property?
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Renzokuken
Dabbler

Yeah the previous owner had two phonelines in the house already.When plusnet come tomorrow will this be an inconvenience for them cause I don't know how this phoneline stuff works ?.Would this be treated as a stopped line by any chance ?
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

If you've taken over one line for voice a few years ago and provided PN with it's number I don't see any problems.
BTW....BT Openreach will probably pay you a visit tomorrow not PN Smiley
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Renzokuken
Dabbler

Well it seems my fears came true today.Yeah BT Openreach came today and had a look at both of the lines.Turns out one was completely dead and the other one was weak in signal.So they said they would need to install a new line but they couldn't install a new one today because the box with all the wiring for the houses was locked.I now need to make a new appointment (soon as possible) as i have obtained the key to open the box.But how do i go about making a new appointment ?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Renzokuken,
I can see you've raised a ticket, this is with our provisioning team who will be in touch with you soon to arrange a new appointment. Hopefully they'll be able to bring the installation forward for you but I can't make any guarantees I'm afraid.