cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Cancelled At The Last Minute

Tempting
Grafter

Installation Cancelled At The Last Minute

Having moved into a new apartment I chose Plusnet as my provider since I have heard good things about them. However my first experience is not that good.
I ordered phone line and unlimited Fibre extra broadband on 11th January, I was able to book an install date of 27 January PM. My order and install date were confirmed then changed to 26th January AM Then things got very confusing as I received a barrage of emails and text messages. My phone installation was cancelled and re-booked,  I received an email informing me not to worry about the cancellation as they had cancelled and re-booked to ensure the phone and broadband were ordered together. Simultaneous provide I thought, how professional but alas no.
So the 27 January arrives I wake to find an email sent on 26th January at 23:41 telling me there has been a delay to the order for my telephone service and they will contact me once they have more details about this.
Having waited over 2 weeks, to cancel at the last minute is a little annoying to say the least especially with no indication of how delayed the install is going to be.or indeed what has caused the delay.
My account still says my broadband is expected to go live today (27th January) but there's no chance of that without a phone line Sad
So I'm here, no phone, no broadband and no install date.
5 REPLIES 5
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Installation Cancelled At The Last Minute

Hi Tempting, welcome to the forums!
I'm sorry to hear your order was delayed Sad
Looking over your account, the delay notification that was sent through on 26/01/16 was generated off the back of a notification from our suppliers advising pretty much the same. "The job has been delayed, but we will contact you with further information" unfortunately we didn't receive any further updates until you gave us a call and we called our suppliers.
I hope it all goes well on your new appointment date.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Tempting
Grafter

Thanks for the welcome HarryB.
When I called I was told that your system said an update was expected from your supplier on 28th. It was lucky I called on 29th to enable you to chase your supplier otherwise I could have still been waiting.
Having waited over 2 weeks for the original installation date to arrive originally I was a little miffed for it to be cancelled at the last minute and I sincerely hope the newly advised installation date is adhered to. Cancelling the installation due on 27th by email sent at 23:40 on 26th meant I had to waste the day's holiday which I had booked off from work as it was too late to change it again.
Since my telephone line was originally due to be installed on 27th and a text sent to me said that the fibre would go live on 27th I assume both will now happen on the newly advised installation date?
So here I am, no phone, no broadband but I now have an installation date (assuming it's not cancelled again)
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If they don't offer you a Saturday or other appointment which doesn't mean you have to take a second day off work you can claim full compensation: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/delivery-rights
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Also read Plusnet's own terms and conditions at http://www.plus.net/info2/legal/
especially section 8.1 which I'll show here
8.1. We'll agree an estimated appointment date for engineer visits and will contact you a minimum of two working days in advance if this changes. You can change or cancel any appointment date but you must give us at least two working days' notice.

Note that there is no get out clause for Plusnet as the contract says that they will give at least 2 working days of any change, this is the full clause with no sub sections.
This is a clear breach of their own terms and conditions and you should really emphasis this along with the information from Moneysavingexpert.com
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Tempting
Grafter

Thank you both for your input.
Since this is clearly a breach of PN's 'Terms & Conditions for Residential Services' I think they will be receiving a call from me to ask what level of compensation they deem appropriate, we can then start the discussion at an informal level.