cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inflexible Call packages,poor service?

Tigger127

Inflexible Call packages,poor service?

As a new customer of Plusnet, I have found them very inflexible and regret joining them, I have asked to add a call package to my account but am told they cannot add it until 28 Feb as that is when my next bil is due, I asked cant it be added from January 28th but the answer is no!! Why are they so inflexible??? Anyone got any suggestions on how to progress? I'm tied into Plusnet untill March 2018, what a dreadful mistake that was, can I get out of the contract?

4 REPLIES 4
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Inflexible Call packages,poor service?

If you've just signed up, you may well be in he cancellation period still; why not use CHAT facility to enquire of PN?Huh
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Welcome to the community forum @Tigger127

I do apologise for any inconvenience this has caused. Unfortunately packages can only be changed from the following billing date in line with your bill. I'm sorry to say we wouldn't be able to back date call plans to take effect from your previous billing date as this would mean any chargeable calls that had been generated would be incorrect and we wouldn't be able to enforce a call plan with immediate effect as this would generate any call charges to date, immediately which would be out of line with the 3 working days notice we advise on the direct debit guarantee.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Tigger127

Harry, I realise that but there is no reason, other than your own rules, to not put a call packege on immediately as long as I'm happy to "lose" a few days of potential free calls which I am, and you can easily look to see how many calls I've made since my billing date of 28th Jan, answer "0" as I've just returned to the UK, hence why I need the call package, I did try and set this up before 28th Jan but couldn't find how to do it on your website. I just find you to be very inflexible, I've worked in the telecom industry for 38 years and indeed been to your offices a couple of times, there is nothing preventing you from adding a call package today....fact.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@Tigger127 wrote:

there is nothing preventing you from adding a call package today....fact.

I'm sorry to say there is something preventing me from adding a call package today.

@HarryB wrote:
we wouldn't be able to enforce a call plan with immediate effect as this would generate any call charges to date, immediately

This would break compliance with Ofcom's General Conditions.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet