Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming calls

James
Grafter

Re: Incoming calls

Thanks for your time on the phone.
I spotted that you have anonymous caller reject turned on.  Part of my thinking is that the hospital may be withholding their number, so I have removed this, which should take about 24 hours to complete.
Let us know if you still have problems.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

@gleneagles
If you have a mobile could you ask them to try calling it so you can see if their number is displayed?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
James
Grafter

Order to remove ACR has now completed.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Quote from: gleneagles
...she phoned me back to say she was getting a call blocked message when trying to contact me BUT by phoning me on the BT Line she was able to get through to me.

Given James' findings, the call placed from the BT line being successful might suggest that the CLI is not withheld on the hospital's BT lines as I believe anonymous call reject is absolute.  This does not though (until verified) mean that the problem with the main switchboard is definitely identified.  My experience dialling anonymous caller reject frm a line which hides CLI is a recorded message stating that this line does not accept calls from withheld number lines.  One wonders if ther switchboard incorrectly (or inadequately) reports he situation.
Seems that a little challenging question has progressed this OP's issue - is it possible that the OP on the other thread has the same issue, with the VoIP services misreporting the problem?
Cheers,
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.