cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming calls ring only once. Extremely Vulnerable customer

Hi_ary

Incoming calls ring only once. Extremely Vulnerable customer

I can make outgoing calls and no problem with the internet. Incoming calls ring once or twice then stop. I have changed my phone over to another digital and the problem remains. I have run a line check from the troubleshooting page and the words are 'It looks like something has gone wrong. Our award-winning support team are here to help.' I have tried ringing the number given but cuts me off after telling me to report it here. I need my phone urgently, no mobile signal at home, I am 'shielding' so can't leave my house for 12 weeks. 

2 REPLIES 2
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Re: Incoming calls ring only once. Extremely Vulnerable customer

@Hi_ary Welcome to the forum.  🙂

Sounds like your line has a condition called 'ring trip', usually cause by low insulation.

The auto troubleshooter is prone to giving error messages, but it's likely that it has nevertheless created a ticket, and the fault has been passed to Openreach.

You can check for tickets here - https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=search

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Re: Incoming calls ring only once. Extremely Vulnerable customer

Hello @Hi_ary,

Thanks for getting in touch and I am sorry to hear you are experiencing an issue with your phone.

Our tests have located a possible external fault and we have raised this to our suppliers.

Our faults team will keep you updated here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team