Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inclusive calls and LRS

FIXED
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

Inclusive calls and LRS

I have "legacy" evenings and weekend calls included in my landline phone  account.

I have always bought Line Rental Saver but have now decided not to renew before the 31st (when it expires) and leave my options open for the end of my current minimum contracted period for fibre b/b.

Will I lose the E & W calls if I don't renew the LRS?

It's no big deal if I do lose it because I don't use the line for calls, other than, e.g. 0800, anyway.

13 REPLIES 13
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Inclusive calls and LRS

Will I lose the E & W calls if I don't renew the LRS?

yes you will

HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

I didn't
newagetraveller
Pro

Oh well, there's a contradition in opinions.Grin

I've just tried "Chat" to see if a definitive answer was forthcoming. I should have guessed - no agents available.Sad

HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

I let mine lapse last year, and still had e&we calls. It was when I went to renew the LRS I ran into issues!
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

@newagetraveller No you should not lose your call plan Smiley however if you do have any issues please let us know.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Oldjim
Resting Legend

@LaurenB confusion reigns - and i can see why

The was a legacy LRS which included evenings and weekends and that is what you would lose if you fail to renew the LRS if indeed that is what you have

If your basic call plan includes Evening and weekends that won't be affected but unless things have changed going from such a call plan to LRS would mean that you would lose the Evenings and Weekends bit

What is Line Rental Saver?

Line Rental Saver allows you to save money on your Home Phone line rental costs. Pay for 12 months line rental in advance and you'll pay a lower monthly equivalent compared to our standard monthly line rental charge.

Line Rental Saver does not provide inclusive calls as standard. Any additional call plans, call features or call charges will be billed each month.

Payment will be made as soon as you sign up to the service.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

I think the confusion occurs as there's two types of free E&W call plan.

"Evening and Weekends Included" isn't compatible with line rental saver online, but we can put it through over the phone.

This is type that @HairyMcbiker has.

"Talk Evenings & Weekends" is compatible with line rental saver.

As far as I'm aware, both can still exist without LRS.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
newagetraveller
Pro

I'm still confused!

I can't ask any simpler than this. If I do not renew my existing LRS, before the 31st, then pay for the standard monthly line rental, will I lose the evenings and weekend calls, which according to my account is £0?differ in their answers too.

It would appear that two PN reps differ in their answer too.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix
No you won’t lose your call plan.
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Oldjim
Resting Legend

The confusion arose because the LRS changed some time ago to not including any calls whereas before that time the LRS could include free evening and weekend calls

I am also somewhat puzzled by the various statements made here

Looking at the product archive https://www.plus.net/help/archive/product-archive/product-archive-home-phone/

The price of £15.95 line rental was increased to £16.99 and the price of £15.99 line rental was increased to £16.99.

Line Rental Saver increased to £185.88.

Line rental will not include any inclusive call plans for any new customers.

As I understand - and as previously been stated on here several times by staff - allowing LRS to lapse and restarting it will change from including Evenings and Weekends to No Calls Included

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

As I understand - and as previously been stated on here several times by staff - allowing LRS to lapse and restarting it will change from including Evenings and Weekends to No Calls Included

Kind of. With "Evening and Weekends Included" you can't renew line rental saver at plus.net/rentalsaver. This is likely because the "new" line rental saver isn't compatible with the Included call plan as that means it'd be inclusive.

Which contradicts:

Line rental will not include any inclusive call plans for any new customers.

You'd need to remove or change the call plan to renew LRS online. However, we can renew the line rental saver from over here, taking a payment via a phone call and the call plan won't have to change.

Strangely, this doesn't apply to the free E&W call plan with the Talk prefix, though.

Which is what @newagetraveller has.

It's worth noting that since both call plans are legacy, If/when either one is removed or changed, they can't be re-added.

@newagetraveller

In conclusion, letting your line rental saver expire should be fine and your call plan should remain.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
newagetraveller
Pro

Thanks for your conclusive answer, Anoush.Smiley Also the extra explanation. Much appreciated.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems at all. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet