Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbound SMS not working

glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Inbound SMS not working

Incoming SMS messages are being changed to text to voice messages. Outgoing SMS messages are fine. It used to work OK but sometime recently it's stopped working. Any ideas?
11 REPLIES 11
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Inbound SMS not working

Hi,
It's not a feature we support either way I'm afraid but I am aware that there are some options you can dial to change the options as to how you receive SMS.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
glloyd
Rising Star

That's a new one on me then it has worked until recently. Outgoing SMS work OK and when I re register it says I can send and receive SMS messages. Are you saying incoming SMS are not allowed with PlusNet home phone now?
henbane
Grafter

That is an interesting post.  PlusNet being part of BT I would have thought SMS would have worked the same..  I am just about to move my home phone over to PlusNet  where I have my broadband.
glloyd
Rising Star

It did work and when you register it says you can send and receive SMS but it keeps converting to voice text which is damn annoying.
Petard
Rising Star

(Since it's free) I've just sent a text to our landline as a test, and it arrived just fine. Whatever your problem is, it's not PlusNet-wide.
Clarification on 12/11/25: the SMS arrived as text, not voice.
henbane
Grafter

Oh good - I rarely use the SMS on my landline but its nice to know that if someone does send it a text it will deliver it with sms to voice - which is what I get from BT.  Never knew you could receive them to a phone on a landline, just used to caller display.  Smiley
NedLudd
Grafter

Just tried it on mine. It went to voicemail!
Geoff,
York.
glloyd
Rising Star

I've tried from several mobile phones in case it's a carrier problem  but it still reverts to voice. Sometimes it says it's been delivered as voice mail when it hasn't done anything.

Quote from: Petard
(Since it's free) I've just sent a text to our landline as a test, and it arrived just fine. Whatever your problem is, it's not PlusNet-wide.
Clarification on 12/11/25: the SMS arrived as text, not voice.
Petard
Rising Star

A couple of thoughts (if you haven't had them already)....
Are your service centre numbers right? If you've re-registered OK, I imagine they are. http://tinyurl.com/cqsjzpt
Have you tried disabling voice texts (done by sending a text, apparently)? http://tinyurl.com/d6fjtml
Hope this helps.
NedLudd
Grafter

Thanks for that Petard. All working now after sending 'register' to 00000 on the landline handset!  Grin
Geoff,
York.
glloyd
Rising Star

It looks like the inbound sms service is broken. When testing yesterday the home phone rang several times but only got the dialling tone then after about six attempts I got a voice message, no text.tried several times.