cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want my number to be withheld automatically and to be ex-directory

Dorothyb

I want my number to be withheld automatically and to be ex-directory

Hi there,

I hope someone can help me please - I moved to plus net a few weeks ago, and have always been ex directory with my number witheld whenever I call out. Since changing to plus net, I have had a number of nuisance calls which makes me think I am no longer ex directory.

Also, I called my grandson on his mobile and he said that my phone number came up on his mobile - I want it to be withheld so that people do not get my number..is this possible !??!??!

Please help, it's worrying me!

Dorothy

4 REPLIES 4
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Re: I want my number to be withheld automatically and to be ex-directory

@Dorothyb 

Welcome to the forum.  🙂

The default when taking up Plusnet Home Phone is ex-directory status, but when a member of the Help team see this post they should be able to check that.

They will also be able to arrange Permanent Number Withheld, but you need to specify whether you want it with or without 1470 override for individual calls.

In the current Covid situation, it may take a day or two for this topic to be seen by one of the Help Team.  🤞

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Dorothyb

Thanks very much - I've not yet heard anything from anyone at Plusnet, but am hopeful someone can help me please?

Thank you

Tracee123

We are having the same problem, we switched to plusnet a few weeks ago and have gone from having no nuisance calls being ex directory for donkey years to having international calls starting from 8am onwards, we are starting to regret switching.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for your posts.

I can confirm both of your lines are ex-directory as is the default with us. I'd recommend taking a look at the steps here: https://www.plus.net/help/phone/stop-nuisance-calls/ to try to stop nuisance calls coming through.

In addition @Dorothyb your number should be withheld within 24 hours, you'll be able to override this by dialling 1470.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet