cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want my number back

CorinneEldridge

I want my number back

After numerous calls since BEFORE I switched services on 13thNovember I still don not have the number I requested to be moved over.
Every person I spoke to told me a different reason why. I’ve had to call Sky & Virgin myself to try to rectify what I now know is Plus.Nets incompetence.
I am distraught as family in Australia are unable to contact me due to restricted phone packages they have.
Today I’ve been advised my number change has NOT gone through again but have been not been advised why, even though sky handed it over to you in 13th November.
To say I’m livid is an understatement, I will be looking for compensation and will be charging you for all the calls I’ve had to make and the hours I’ve wasted doing your job for you.
If I do not have my number why 24th I will be going to another subscriber, along with my broadband as you are NOT providing me with what was promised as point of contract.
To say I am disgusted is an understatement
3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: I want my number back

Hi there.

Apologies for the issue you're encountering regarding your getting your number back.

I've reviewed your account and I can't see a request that you made advising us that you're wanting to keep a particular telephone number at the point of signup, which looks like it was completed online.

From what I can see, at the time we placed the order we sent out email confirmation as per Here to advise of your new number and when the order completed, it has ultimately ceased the previous number of the line.

Unfortunately as that number is owned by Virgin Media and we've never provided it in the past, I'm afraid that we're unable to request it is imported, because ultimately any number import order we place is rejected due to the number not being live.

I realise that this isn't what you'd want to hear, but there's very little we can do I'm afraid.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
CorinneEldridge

I contacted PlusNet as soon as I realised I had not requested my old number to be moved and I was advised that is fine and I’ve subsequently been told you by one of your colleagues my number was imported and accepted on Thursday last week.
I’ve called Virgin Media and the handed ownership of my number to sky in 2014 which sky have confirmed to me. Sky also informed me they handed my number to you on 13th November.
Why does everyone at PlusNet tell some something TOTALLY different who am I to believe???
I request a MANAGER calls me today as I’m not at all happy with the fact no one knows what they are talking about as every contact with yourselves I’m being told something totally different,
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

I'll listen to the calls and ensure feedback is passed on accordingly where appropriate.

However, the fact remains that the rangeholder of your telephone number is Virgin Media. Sky may have had the number previously for some time, but now the number is ceased/no longer active it's gone back to the rangeholder.

A rangeholder is essentially the provider who first made the number. You can check this by going Here using the button to "Lookup Number" and look at the Operator(another name for rangeholder).

Even if the rangeholder was Sky, as the number is ceased we can't get it back I'm afraid. While a number import check is showing as accepted, a renumber order is ultimately rejected with "Customer has no service with losing operator".

We can only pick up a ceased number if 1. we've provided it in the past and we've ceased it in error, or 2. the rangeholder of the number is BT which means that it's on the BT network and all we need to do is place a renumber order without an import.

I've got in touch with the Openreach number porting team to discuss this further.

They've confirmed to me that the number is ceased with Virgin Media and the only way to get it is to ask Virgin to make it live on their network, so we can import the number while active, however I appreciate that this is likely something you won't be able to request of them without entering some form of contract/at a cost.

Again I do sincerely apologise that we can't get your number back, but sadly there is little we can do. Sad

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet