Did you mean: 

I need a cunning plan for my Mother moving into a Care home

FIXED
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: I need a cunning plan for my Mother moving into a Care home

@Daisybank Just to add and confirm that it should in fact be possible to import a landline telephone number from VoIP back to the BT network if the exchange is the same from where the number first originated. Although I understand in this case that it's likely the move to a care home is going to be a permanent move for your mother. Sad

Best to call customer options on 0800 013 2632 tomorrow asking them cancel the cancellation request. As you've said, once the number is exported to VoIP this will automatically cease the line and broadband service closing the account down.

Hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

closing the account down.

@Daisybank  - as you plan for this difficult time, would you know if your mum used her Plusnet email address in the past to deal with suppliers, health care, utilities etc?  Email addresses have become as important as telephone numbers in this modern world and the loss of the same can be as devastating as losing a long used phone number.

If she did you might want to consider asking Plusnet to plan for this to be come a free email-only account (rather than a complete closure and loss of said email account) so that you or another family member can still deal with any such contacts as required.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Townman that's a good call.

@Daisybank Just another thing to add, once you've requested the account cancellation to be stopped, feel free to drop me a private message with her account username and/or landline phone number just so I can double check there's nothing still in place to cease the line stopping the number export going through. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Daisybank
Grafter

Thanks @Townman you make a very good point.

Luckily my Mother uses Gmail (rather than Plusnet email) behind a forwarded mx from a memorable domain name that I own, so not only can I access her Gmail (in emergency) but I also have Power or Attorney that I use infrequently, but always have it in my back pocket in case.

If anybody else is heading in this direction, then I can't emphasise the usefulness of advanced planning to put that PoA into place well before you think you will need it! 

Daisybank
Grafter

Thanks @Gandalf I have sent you a PM.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem, I've messaged you back now. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet