cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I genuinely have no idea why I am a Plusnet customer

Lotuslist

I genuinely have no idea why I am a Plusnet customer

For two weeks my 76-year-old mother has not been able to receive calls on her landline. Plusnet tells me it is not its responsibility. I speak to BT who won't deal me with because I am a Plusnet customer. Once again Plusnet says it can't do anything and to sort it out myself.

I don't know why I am a Plusnet customer but I won't be for much longer.

3 REPLIES 3
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: I genuinely have no idea why I am a Plusnet customer

Who does your mother pay for landline rental ? If it's PlusNet then they are responsible for contacting BT openreach to fix the fault. If the line rental is with BT retail then it's their responsibility.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

@Lotuslist 

Very frustrating, especially when you are trying to help someone. This is an unintended consequence of the Data Protection Regulations regarding identity, though if some stranger tried to interfere regarding my line I would be very cross. As far as the ISP is concerned you could be anyone.

This problem comes up again and again, so: the network of lines, cables and cabinets (unless they are cable) is maintained by Openreach, formerly owned by BT and now supposedly independent. Openreach does not deal with individuals, there would be total chaos if they did. If your mother has a line fault then contact her ISP who in turn contacts Openreach.

tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hello @Lotuslist

I am sorry to hear about this, is the line rental with ourselves at Plusnet? (Your mum's account of course) If so, please get back in touch with us here so we can get this looked into. 

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team