cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cancelled my Plusnet but now want internet again but told I have no phoneline!

midvale999

I cancelled my Plusnet but now want internet again but told I have no phoneline!

I had Plusnet at my flat several months ago. I since moved out temporarily and in with my partner where I got my Plusnet account moved to. I then cancelled my account with Plusnet and moved back to my flat and now want internet again. However all ISPs (I can't actually get through to anyone at Plusnet on the phone to talk to them) have told me I have no line and that I need a new one installed.

Not sure exactly what that means, because physically I do have a line and a socket. One person told me that they will need to send an Openreach engineer round to 'connect my line again because it's been disconnected'. Would Plusnet have 'disconnected' my line? Not exactly sure what that means in real terms. And anyway, if it could be disconnected remotely (because no engineer came round before), surely they can reconnect it remotely? I'm struggling to understand why an engineer would need to physically come round to my flat when I have a line and a socket that worked several months ago.