cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to report phone fault with no access to another phone

nicodemus414

How to report phone fault with no access to another phone

No dial tone, broadband slower. No difference whether filter in, or straight from the first socket in the house. Line test gives error and tells me to ring Tech Support.  My ancient mobile isn't working. The "Chat" support isn't available.

Handset OK - tested in neighbour's socket.

Two days ago, a bloke was working at one of those green boxes nearby.  I was away overnight and found the fault when I returned.

Happened a few years ago too, and fault was on exchange side.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: How to report phone fault with no access to another phone

You need to turn off any browser pop up blocker (for P Net) for CHAT to function.
Also try link below; if fault discovered, fault report automatically generated.
nicodemus414

Thanks

Tried the link below, which ended up in the same place as before, telling me to phone. No indication of a fault report being generated. The only response they made was sending me an advert for a sports package!

Chat. Turned off pop up blocker, still unavailable, but I'm on Android tablet so will try on Windows.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi,

Chat is never available if approached via help & support but should work fine via contact us. Also take a look at your tickets (link below) - sometimes the phone fault checker reports failure but still raises a ticket.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@adamwalker - can you assist here please?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

nicodemus414

Thanks.

I didn't know that information would come via tickets; my problem was in fact logged on Thurs night.  Openreach earth contact, which is due to be fixed Tues 29th.

Got through on Chat eventually, after turning off adblock, etc.

My internet connection subsequently failed too so I'm been forced into the pub to conduct this and other business!

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Every cloud has a silver lining. Hope your line is fixed soon, even if that means no excuse to use the pub (helps not to lose it).

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Sorry to hear your phone isn't working.

We've been advised this is now fixed.

If you're still having issues let us know.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team