Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to cancel an add-on feature

Zebra7
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

How to cancel an add-on feature

Not sure if I've landed on the correct forum for this. Then again, I'm not sure if I've even figured out how to actually post a question on this forum: to a newbie, it's anything but intuitive.

Reason for coming here (hopefully) for some help is that my monthly Plusnet bill has just arrived and I realise that yet again I'm paying for an additional service which I chose to have but no longer need.

The service is "free evening and weekend calls" from my landline, at the not unreasonable price of £4 a month.However: I rarely use the landline for anything apart from the broadband connection so I'm currently chucking away nearly fifty quid a year: my fault, but the sooner I stop the waste, the better.

Although when I log in to my account there's a reference to how easy it is to sign up to, or cancel,  any component  of my monthly Plusnet package, there's actually no obvious way to cancel anything: no links, no guidance. Just a long, long list of all the other stuff I can ADD to that package -- information that's anything but helpful when I'm trying to SUBTRACT something.

Help appreciated. Many thanks!

10 REPLIES 10
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: How to cancel an add-on feature

Thanks for getting in touch @Zebra7 and welcome to our community forums,

I'm sorry to see you're having troubles trying to cancel your call plan. 

1. Login to your account from Here
  2. Click Here to go to the Offers and Upgrades/Product Change tool
  3. Click on 'Change my call plan'
  4. Under 'Pay as you call (line only)' select 'Choose this call product'
  5. Tick the 'I agree' box if you agree and click 'Complete my order'

During this process if you see your broadband will cost more than what you've agreed then it's just likely that the product change tool isn't accounting for any discounts you may have on your account. As long as you just click on 'Change my call plan' when you come to step 2, your broadband package shouldn't be affected at all.

I hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Zebra7
Dabbler

Dear Anoush /Gandalf:

Many thanks indeed for what has to be the best example of well-nigh instant online help I've ever come across -- and believe me, I can be really helpless at times. Your step-by-step advice was clear, concise and took me straight to where I needed to be, and the links you kindly provided made the whole exercise effortless. Seriously, I can't thank you enough.

Problem solved, then. And all thanks to you.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hello @Zebra7,

We are happy to hear that Anoush was able to help resolve this for you.

Its always nice to read and I have passed on your feedback to both Anoush and his manager.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Zebra7
Dabbler

Hi: I know I indicated "problem solved" in my last post on this thread, but I'm wondering now if I've inadvertently created another one (problem).

This morning, a "welcome!" letter has mysteriously arrived by snail mail from Plusnet, announcing the good news that "Now you've signed up, we've started getting your service ready for you. Here are some important details about your service, which we think you'll find useful".

The letter goes on to set out details of my new Plusnet account. as well as details of "YOUR ORDER".

But I haven't ordered anything.

The 'order' is comprised of details of (1) Broadband product (2) User allownce (3) Details of Broadband speed and (4) Phone plan, where it says "Evening & weekend UK & Mobile Calls".

However, thanks to the great help received here, the actual Phone Plan I now have is "Line only", as per the amendment I made the other day.

Bizarrely, this welcome letter is dated 01-11-2019, which is several days *before* I came on here to ask about cancelling my current phone plan.

Is Plusnet re-mailing all subscribers with welcome letters and account info at the moment. . . or is it just me???

Or in altering my Phone Plan to "Line only" have I somehow kicked-started an entirely new ordering process?? (Though how Plusnet managed to write on November 1st about my new order when I didn't revise the Phone Plan until November 5th is a mystery: psychic, huh?)

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @Zebra7 

Sorry for the confusion we've caused by the welcome letter, I suspect it's just a very late letter. It's probably worth just ignoring the letter however could you let us know if you receive any further correspondence so we can investigate further?

With regards to your call plan removal, I've checked this and it doesn't look like you've completed the process to put it through. There's no scheduled change and we haven't sent the usual email to confirm. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Zebra7
Dabbler

Dear Anoush: I hesitate to further intrude upon your time and the goodwill of this forum to which I'm but a new arrival.

Thanks for pointing out the apparent failure in getting the calling plan changed; I'm certain I did so, thanks to your excellent, clear step-by-step guidance. "go to the Offers and Upgrades/Product Change tool Click on 'Change my call plan' Under 'Pay as you call (line only)' select 'Choose this call product' Tick the 'I agree' box if you agree and click 'Complete my order' -- yup, that's exactly what I did.

As that seems not to have worked, I've now revisited that same section of the Plusnet website, Choose A Call Plan, and have selected "Pay As you Call", after which I've rejected the offer of having additional mobile minutes, and have finished up on an order page absolutely identical to that of the other day's: a total monthly cost which uses the wrong Broadband amount -- as you forewarned: the monthly rate varies according to different contracts) and then Line Rental: £00-00 (because I prepaid a year ahead when I joined Plusnet last February) and Line Only £00-00 (thus reflecting the change of phone plan).

Hopefully, all will now be well and I can stop pestering you!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @Zebra7 

No problem at all, always happy to help. Have you received an email to confirm the call plan removal is going through? It’s likely it isn’t scheduled if you’ve not received email confirmation. 

I’m happy to double check this for you when I’m back in the office tomorrow. 🙂

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @Zebra7 It doesn't look like the call plan change has gone through so I've raised a ticket on your account which you can reply to with confirmation you're happy to go ahead by going Here and we'll be happy to arrange this for you on your behalf. You'd need to be logged into your account before clicking on the above link for that link to work.

Once you've responded to the ticket, feel free to drop us a reply over here and we'll be happy to pick the ticket up.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Zebra7
Dabbler

Hi Gandalf:

I do seem to be monopolising your time and patience, so wll keep this post short.

BIG GIGANTIC thanks for taking the time to take care: Customer Support gets no better'n this!

I've just found your email in my inbox and have also replied via that.

Regards --

One most grateful zebra😀  (ooops: couldn't find an emoji with stripes)

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @Zebra7 Not a problem however I'm afraid that the email notifications you'd get from support@plus.net isn't a monitored address so any emails you'd send there would likely bounce back.

Can you log into your account then go Here?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet