cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How strange - I have the wrong number?

jmd
Grafter

How strange - I have the wrong number?

I moved last September and received new phone number.  The record on My Account  continued to show the old number.  So I queried this and told it was a fault and would be corrected.  For various reasons I have failed to look at my account details in respect of phone for a while.
However I have today and found that , yes, the number has been changed.
But the number that PN have bears no resemblance to my phone number.  Different code and everything! So have raised a ticket but wonder if anyone else has a fictional number on their account? Undecided
5 REPLIES
madjbright
Grafter

Re: How strange - I have the wrong number?

If your account shows an incorrect number I wonder whose bill you are paying. Perhaps you should call the number and find out.
jmd
Grafter

Thanks for that suggestion - I did ring [putting 141 in first!] and asked the person who answered if they used Plusnet for phone.
Found that I had rung Plusnet!!
But it is alright, apparently I am not paying their phone bill.*
The CS person who answered was also confused but is going to sort it out! Roll eyes
But perhaps everyone should check what phone number is showing on My Account?
edit; * my phone bill should have been paid by PN as I obviously have an extension from their switchboard?
N/A

Where abouts was the number shown? In the view details page? ( https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=view_details&s=0 )
If so, I don't think the number relates to your service in any way - its just a record of contact details. In this case PN would've found it hard to call you up!
jmd
Grafter

The number was on "Member Centre" under heading "phone calls", also in Account details showing the number you have on account.
This has now been resolved - thanks to me ringing the number and so it is now sorted.  Unfortunately it does mean the bill is mine too!
Smiley Smiley Smiley
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 162

I've just had a look through your account history and can see that this number was added to try to pinpoint a problem (which you actually pointed out to us). I can only assume that the number was not removed once the problem was resolved.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Staff