cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How soon after a call does the charge appear on the bill?

FIXED
Gorillafreedom

How soon after a call does the charge appear on the bill?

I have just made a long phone call on my sister's PlusNet telephone service. I logged on to her account with her permission and selected Itemised Bill in order to see how much the call cost so that I can refund her for it. It is now about 2 hours after the call and the charge has still not appeared. When can I expect it to be given? Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: How soon after a call does the charge appear on the bill?

Fix

Hi there,

It normally takes up to 2 working days before you can see a call on your list of unbilled calls.

I hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gorillafreedom

Many thanks!

Gorillafreedom

I'd like to provide some follow-up on this issue.

Having waited 3 working days since the telephone call I made (not counting New Year's Day) the "Itemised Bill" option still shows £0.00 for this telephone line. It is almost 1 week since I made the call and still no calls breakdown is visible on the "Phone" page.

A message there says "Only bills up to the period 02/01/2020 to 01/02/2020 are shown on this page". My call was made on 27th December i.e. before that period so it should be shown there shouldn't it?

It so happens that my sister's Plusnet account's bill for December is due today, so I finally found the call details on the PDF that the bill is delivered in. Do we have to wait for the monthly bill now to see the calls breakdown? I'm sure in the past I have made a call and seen the call cost on Plusnet on the same day - very useful if I need to refund the line owner.

You talk about a "list of unbilled calls" and that calls should appear there within 2 working days. Please would you guide me to that list? As a matter of interest, why is there an "Itemised Bill" link if it shows no calls a week after there were some made?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to us @Gorillafreedom 

Out of curiosity when did you check? If you waited 3 working days after the 27th and the bill generates on the 2nd the call wouldn’t be in the ‘unbilled calls’ anymore as it’d be a billed call.

There’s a button in the billing tab of your account to view the unbilled calls but I’d bear in mind that it may not populate over a weekend or bank holiday and if the bill date is so soon after you may miss it.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet