Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much for a new line?

Cagney1994
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

How much for a new line?

Hi all
How much will it cost to install a new telephone line and do I have to contact BT or PN for this to happen?
Also, how long will it take for the line to become active? - Will it be literally on the same day as the engineer arrives (and leaves)? - providing he completes the job on that day?
Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6
Apprentice
Grafter

Re: How much for a new line?

Do you mean to get a second new line into the property other than the line you are using just now?
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/phones/home-phone-calls#installation
Cagney1994
Rising Star

Well, if I wanted a new line in a property where there wasn't one, what would the cost be?
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Quote from: Cagney1994
Well, if I wanted a new line in a property where there wasn't one, what would the cost be?

If you just want a new line installing on a new account, then it would cost £49.99, but there's no guarantee that the engineer would be able to install the line exactly where you want it, they may have to follow the same/similar route that the current line takes, possibly entering the property in roughly the same place.
We'll carry out standard installations of phone lines for the appropriate connection charge as out in the Price Guide. These connection charges do not cover extensive new construction works (such as external work). Also for work such as installing or moving a phone socket additional charges as set out in the Price Guide may be payable. However, we'll always aim to advise you of these charges before any work is undertaken.

If you want to move your existing line, an internal socket shift would be £165. You may also need to speak directly to the Openreach External Network Relocation Team if you need to change where the line enters the property.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Cagney1994
Rising Star

Thanks guys; really helpful info  Smiley
One more thing; if there already is a line and it's been 'dead' because some previous occupant cancelled their service, how much would it cost to re-activate it again?
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

If the stopped line shows available for us on the ordering system, we could restart this free of charge on a new account.
If you were wanting to have you current services moved over to the other line, it would essentially be a housemove.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet