Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long to fix a Home Phone issue

moansalot
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

How long to fix a Home Phone issue

Guess it wil take forever if "Customer Support" don't review an open ticket

Ticket raised on 26-6   #203188456 after being put on hold until 29th  OR engineer actioned and checked the street cabling to find a suspected line issue  - Line issue located under pavement and a X place on the pavment besides a neighbours drive ( this will require contractors to dig up pavement then OR engineers to fix the line issue) - I reported this on my ticket  on 30-6  - the ticket is stil as of today  "awaiting review by CS" - The BT/OR engineers comments have not yet been uploaded to the ticket.

So right now I have a phone line that is generating lots of static and generating randon calls 6 or so already today  starting in the early hours  - side effect of this is a drop in speeds on my b/b - this has been going on for the last week. And is ulikely to be resolved until CS actually look at the ticket and progress the work required.

If someone calls my home phone  - there is a extremely noisey line  followed after a few seconds   by an operator/automated message " please hold the line "  - clearly not satisfactory

Please view /action the ticket ASAP

11 REPLIES 11
moansalot
Rising Star

Re: How long to fix a Home Phone issue

Hi  - this ticket #203188456

was taken off hold early AM  Tuesday  ( awaiting review)

Can someone please review it and progress it further if needed

I'm still getting random calls all times of the day and night. and a very noisy line ( caused by the line fault under the X on the pavement ) 

Callers are greated by a Hold the line message and then are left hanging on. - 90 pct of the time  they are phantom calls  - but I have to use 1471 to check if they have been genuine callers or my aged mother on lockdown.

Thanks

moansalot
Rising Star

Talking to Myself  again

This is part of a response to my open Ticket  as above re approval to dig up pavement

"

This needs to be requested from your local council and takes five working days to go through. It was submitted on the 30th so should be accepted by Tuesday the 7th. We will get further updates on this on the the next working day after it is due to be accepted. So we will contact you on the 8th. "

It's now PM 10th and still no update / follow up on this meanwhile I have an unuseable phone line ( no incoming calls ) and consequently a much reduced b/b speed currenly hovering around 30mb d/l versus a min guaranteed speed of 53.5mb ( despite what the stats show in my account ).

moansalot
Rising Star

Progress of sorts  - now have a date for pavement to be dug up (13th) then will have to wait for engineers  🤔

moansalot
Rising Star

Not entirely unexpected but NO contracters digging up pavement today  - guess I'm going to have to wait / twiddle my thumbs  - oh dear.

And apparently Phones at Customer ( major lack of ) Support are not being answered  -  what the H**L is going on PLUSNET.

moansalot
Rising Star

The saga continues

No contractors yesterday  - now 3 weeks to get a line fault fixed ( mostly OR related )  - THough as they still to work on i  - it's going to be longer.

moansalot
Rising Star

OR  - digging up pavement right now  - so fingers crossed

moansalot
Rising Star

Been and gone  - apparently tree roots forcing cable joints apart - and they not allowed to cut back / trim tree roots !!

Phone Now working again  - now to progress b/b speed issue

moansalot
Rising Star

Spoke too soon  a 4th OR (today) van just been to my house stating there is still a fauly on my line at the location of a previous pavement dig just around the corner.

High SNR on d/l isa result

So guessing gonna have to go through the council road works procedure agan  - and waiting another 7 days + hey  ho 😩 if i can attract CS attention

moansalot
Rising Star

2nd pavement dig underway and lost count now of number of engineers that have visited / been involved in my iffy phone connection

Looks like multiple issues with phone line has been compromising my achievable b/b speeds for some considerable time - not getting back to where it should be yet  - but heading in the right direction - but not holding my breath- just yet

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for your post @moansalot

From what we can see this is resolved now?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
moansalot
Rising Star

Hi Matt

Hopefully  - but as I'm not at home until the weekend that's a cautious " Hopefully "

I need to see what impact OR repairs have had on my B/B service  / SNR levels and can't do that until the weekend.

If everything looks ok then I will close the post  ( fyi the answer appears to be " best part of 6 weeks"

Regards