cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long to add call features?

henbane
Grafter

How long to add call features?

Just wondering. Today is Friday and my Home Phone with Plusnet was activated today.  I added two call features first thing this morning. It says  "All features take 1 working day to add (in some cases it can take up to 3) " .    So hoping it is one working day does that mean it will activate at midnight tonight ?  Or is it a working day in terms of 24hrs which means waiting until Monday morning?
Anyone experienced this?  
It's a catch 22 situation as I tried to go to the Home Phone control panel after I placed my order but just got the error message that it is not available until the service has activated. So you can't request a transfer of you BT phone calling features until the line has moved and then you have to wait to activate.  Pity PlusNet could not take the request for the call features and then activate them at the same time they transfer the line.  Can't see why this would not be possible..  Sad
Don't think their Home Phone is as well organised as their Broadband.  
Oops just noticed another thing need clarifying..  
"† If the total cost for your new call features is under £3.00 then this will be charged on your next billing date. If the amount is over £3.00 then this is charged for and invoiced straight away."
So what happens if  your new call features cost £3.00 as mine do?  It's not under £3 nor over £3.  For an IT based company they should understand "less than or equal" concept. Shocked

5 REPLIES 5
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: How long to add call features?

Hi there,
I'm sorry we weren't able to port your call features across as it we're actually unable to given certain types of order (i.e depending on how your service is transferred over).
Re the £3 charge it appears that hasn't been charged yet and will be added to the next invoice. Regarding the confusing text about that I'll take a look at that now with a view to getting that corrected.
With regards to timescales they do actually vary depending on what the feature is, some take just 3 hours some are applied on the next working day, however it looks like yours have been added already.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
henbane
Grafter

Adam,
Thanks for that info.  Yes I went and checked our Home Phone Control Panel and indeed the two features are listed as active.
I have just set up the Call Divert just as it was under BT and its working fine. 
I have to report that Caller Line Identification CLI is however NOT working.  I call my landline from my mobile and no CLI.  The phone's log of CLI numbers stopped on the 6/12/12 the last day of BT provision so I am sure there is nothing wrong there.
If I use divert to divert to divert my home number to another mobile then it does pass on and show CLI so my phone is sending its own number, just PlusNet not sending it correctly to my home phone.
I guess I had better go and report this.
Andy
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi,
We've responded to your ticket, once you've tried the suggestions if it's still not working let us know and we'll look further into this to get it resolved.
henbane
Grafter

Okay carried out the tests mentioned in the ticket - plus substituting another CLI enabled phone even.  Still no joy.  Detailed reply on the ticket.  Basically had been running with only one microfilter in the BT NTE5 test socket with just a PlusNet router and a desk phone connected whilst I waited for my broadband line to get back upto speed (which it has now done).  So was like this for a week or more before my line went over to Plusnet and that's when CLI stopped.
henbane
Grafter

Okay support say they have sent a request off to BT to investigate.  Well good news as went and tried again and CLI is now working.  Now to put back my cordless phone etc.
Andy