Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long for a call feature to start?

FIXED
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: How long for a call feature to start?

Yeah it's really weird, I've got a hunch though. Can you try *346#? Let me know what you hear afterwards.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
drt170
Grafter

That number is not recognised either 😪

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hmm, let me find my home phone handset to do some testing tonight or tomorrow on my line to see if I can replicate the issue. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sorry for the delay in helping you get to the bottom of this.

I've added call barring to my own account now and just need to dig out a handset...

If I'm unable to replicate the issue, I'll raise a feature fault with our suppliers next week. Unless you've since got this sorted?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
drt170
Grafter

DItto, sorry for the delay in replying to you also.  I did see the email that you had replied, meant to pop in, and forgot sorry.

Not fixed issue as of yet, I have not tried in a few days, I'll check again tomorrow and report back.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem, I've got call barring enabled now and I thought I had a handset about somewhere, but I can't find it. I'm looking at buying a new one as they'll always come in handy, but in the meantime your handset isn't a pulse-dialling one by any chance? That can generally cause issues when selecting options using the keypad.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
drt170
Grafter

If you're like me, your handset is in a safe place lol

Don't know about pulse?

My phones are https://www.argos.co.uk/product/5421031

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Haha yeah, as soon as I buy a new one I'll end up finding the old one. Roll_eyes Got a new handset on order from Amazon now, should arrive tomorrow. I find their speedy delivery is excellent. Thumbs_Up

With pulse dialling as far as I understand it, each time you press a key it'll send a number of clicks to the other side which may confuse the system that's taking the options. There's no mention of this on that site, so it's probably fine. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Just tested this before I left the house and dialling *347# I got the message "Calls are barred". Oddly I also got the same message when I dialled a couple of the other codes.

I didn't hear "the number you have dialled has not been recognised" though so I've raised a call feature fault with our suppliers to investigate further and I'll let you know when I know more.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
drt170
Grafter

Many thanks for raising that fault.  Still can't block premium here, but everything else is ok, so thank you 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem, it looks like an engineer couldn't find a fault with the service.

I've removed and re-added the call feature in the hope that fixes the problem.

You'll need to reconfigure it from scratch, can you let me know how it goes?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet