cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long for Engineer to fix a line

beefturnmail123

How long for Engineer to fix a line

Does anyone here have experience on how long it actually take for an engineer to fix a line?

We are now 5 days without phone line and broadband (dead line, no dial tone or anything from test socket), plus net just says it will be fixed within 3 days, however we have not seen or heard anyone or been contacted regarding an appointment by engineer at all.

Our ticket was supposed to be answered yesterday, but I have not had any replies on the subject.

3 REPLIES 3
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Re: How long for Engineer to fix a line

@beefturnmail123 wrote:

Does anyone here have experience on how long it actually take for an engineer to fix a line?

Welcome to the forum.  🙂

How long is a piece of string?

Depending on time taken to diagnose, location of fault, ease of access, staff availability, and a few other variables -

anything from a couple of hours to a couple of weeks.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Probably not what you want to hear, but mine was fixed next day. Easy fault though as the wires had been disconnected in the street cabinet somehow.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @beefturnmail123,

I'm sorry to hear there's been a delay when investigating your fault. I've taken a look into this today and raised a response via the fault ticket, which can be viewed here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team