cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you cancel and move to Skytalk

jotoole2

How do you cancel and move to Skytalk

I received a letter saying BT line error, I believe this is due to Plusnet owning the rental.
Any ideas - I have heard need to go to BT and then Sky. Concerned BT may tie me in for 12 months...
6 REPLIES 6
paulby
Grafter

Re: How do you cancel and move to Skytalk

You just need to sign up with Sky.
acr
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I am pretty sure that is not correct. Skytalk does not take over the rental of the line, requiring you to pay BT for the rental. I would have thought that your only option is to move back to BT and then Sky. Given the cost of moving away from PlusNet (£20?) and the (likely) tie in period with BT it may not be worth it.
paulby
Grafter

You are correct - I didn't realise Sky didn't handle the line rental!
If you need to go back to BT for line rental then they now tie you in to a 12 month contract.  I've been hit with that one as I moved from TalkTalk LLU with the intention of signing up to PlusNet's phone service.  I'm now stuck with BT for 12 months for line & calls.
Details here - see paragraph 15 under "Telephony Services Price Terms"
pcoventry76
Grafter

Sky talk is good - and mixed with their £5 a month 40Gb MAX product and BT line rental it's all cheaper than PN's offering - however support at PN is much better and this is what you pay for
LiamM
Grafter

Bear in mind that it doesn't include the line rental, where PlusNet's phone packages do.
If Sky can't deliver CPS whilst you're with PlusNet for line rental, the only option is to go back to BT.  And I believe they do impose a 12 month contract now.  Recently increased from 3 months.
AWB70
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

When I looked into skys packages it was only cheaper if I had cable, being still on adsl through phoneline it worked out about £2 cheaper with sky but for that i did'nt get my site,domain and the 240mins etc...
PN still needs to get its call charges down though on voip calls, out of various ways I make calls outside the mins PN is the most expensive for calls.
I currently use post office for my calls £9.50 free evening&weekends includes line rental and free to other PO users.
Plusnet for daytime calls on 01 numbers till my minutes have gone then back to post office.
That way I get virtually all my 01/02 numbers free and 2 lines for under a tenner.