cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I keep my ex-D if I move product

Anon
Pro

How do I keep my ex-D if I move product

Thinking iof moving BB product and also phone from free 240 minutes to Anytime. I am ex-D and wish that to remain, do I have to do anything? How long before billing date do i have to make the change for it to happen at next billing?
Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
6 REPLIES 6
Andrew_B
Grafter

Re: How do I keep my ex-D if I move product

Hi,
Your ex-directory status should be unaffected by changing product.
Any change you request will be scheduled for your next billing date, so make the request as soon as possible if you want it to happen on your next bill date.
You can change your product here: http://portal.plus.net/upgrade_process.html
It'll ask you about broadband first, just choose to remain on your current product (unless you want to change your BB package too) and it'll ask you about phone products after that.
Hope that helps!
haggis
Grafter

Can I add to this thread .
1 I have just had my phone activated on Plus I now find that it is broadcasting the number openly .I had been permanently withheld for at least 20 years while with BT until this morning .Why?
the above was not asked for. I had wrongly it seems assumed that the withhold would transfer as well and have not found any way apart from either phoning or putting in a Ticket to get it back .
2 I hope this does not result in any entry in ANY phone directory anywhere As my line was also ex directory at the time of transfer .
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
You're still ex-directory (your current directory status is retained on transfer), however the same is not true for number withheld.
I can't place an order right now (the system is closed overnight), but if you give me a nudge tomorrow I'll sort this for you, or you can raise a ticket on your account if you'd prefer.
paulby
Grafter

@haggis  Until the permanent withhold is put back on your line you can dial 141 before the number you're calling to withhold on a per call basis.  (Likewise once your number is withheld permanently, dialing 1470 before the called number will release it on a per call basis)
haggis
Grafter

@ Mand
Thanks for that I phoned the helpline late last night the guy i spoke to said he's sent a line through which will be picked up today .Sorted I hope. Smiley I just knew there was a good reason for comming back to Plus after being on the run for  years had an excelent service from 1991 to 1999 If not done by tomorow will giuve you a yell  8).
@Paul03 
I know that already . Have had number withheld etc on BT for 20 years .The EX D thing and number withheld are for personal reasons to do with when owned a taxi business .To many people got hold of my number and called me after business was sold .Would i change it "not on your life "Now the phone sits on a table in the corner and sulks but my mobile won't shut up Who would have kids  & grandkids  ;D.
Mand
Grafter

I've just placed the order for you, it will complete tomorrow.