cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get in touch with Plusnet about a new line without a phone?

DaveMBA

How do I get in touch with Plusnet about a new line without a phone?

Just moved and need to swap the service - cannot phone from work, no mobile, don't want to stand in a public phone box for 30 mins!

All I need to do is set up a phone line - have the hardware, but no number. All the info would be so much easier to email as I can use the library computer, but I am just directed to a phone number (which is what i want my end!). getting hacked off.   

3 REPLIES 3
JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Re: How do I get in touch with Plusnet about a new line without a phone?

Hi @DaveMBA and welcome to the forums!

If you don't want to sign up over the phone, there's always the option of signing up online at www.plus.net 

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
DaveMBA

Typical - first post is a moan, then Plusnet ( [CSA Removed] was the call handler) sorts it all out. Bizarrely, I found a public phone box - unused for other purposes! - and the line only rang once before [CSA Removed] picked up. He was excellent and sorted everything out very quickly - despite having to read out all the T&Cs, which cannot be the most exciting part of his job!

So, I take it all back - just find a public phone box.

Just one thought for PlusNet - why not have a webpage where users can change address details, then send a reply email with the T&Cs asking for user agreement. It would be a timesaver for the handlers and save this problem of phone access. 

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) CSA name/s removed to private staff area as per Forum rules

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,596

Happy to hear that!

Just one thought for PlusNet - why not have a webpage where users can change address details, then send a reply email with the T&Cs asking for user agreement. It would be a timesaver for the handlers and save this problem of phone access. 

This is something I've previously passed internal feedback on about as I too believe is a good idea.

I'll give the relevant team a nudge.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet