Did you mean: 

How do I cancel my call plan?

FIXED
Cagney1994
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

How do I cancel my call plan?

Hi all

At the moment I'm on the evenings and weekends call plan which costs £3.50 a month. I'd prefer to cancel that and just have a line-rental only plan.

My phone contract is tied in with my BB. The phone one runs out this July. Is there any way I can cancel my current call plan to make it line-rental only?

And if so, will it have any effect on my phone contract? - i.e. it won't start a fresh one, will it?

Thanks in advance.

23 REPLIES 23
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: How do I cancel my call plan?

Hi there,

You should be able to remove the call plan online by going to https://www.plus.net/upgrade_process.html

So long as you don't make any changes to the broadband product there shouldn't be any effect on your contract length.

Once you've completed the product change process, the change will happen on your next billing date and you'll receive an email to confirm too.

I hope this helps but if you have any further questions please feel free to ask.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Cagney1994
Rising Star

@Anoush

Thanks. But I can't seem to find the option of where to cancel my current call plan. I've added a screenshot below:

Phone.png

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

If you go through the product change you'll see an option where you change your home phone product.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Cagney1994
Rising Star

@Anoush Thanks. And I was about to edit my earlier post but you replied more or less straight away Smiley

I've attached another screenshot below:

Phone.png

-----

At the moment I'm paying £2.50 for BB even though the above info states currently £9.99. If I click to save the changes, I'm just wondering whether the system will start charging me £9.99 instead of the £2.50 which I'm on, and which runs out in July.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

You shouldn't lose any discounts as long as you don't change your broadband product.
(From the looks of it, it seems that you're not able to change that as fibre isn't available)
Cagney1994
Rising Star

@Anoush - Where it says 'New monthly cost: £9.99', I've a feeling I might actually get charged that. If I do, would PN more or less correct that immediately? - Or at least when the the next monthly statement would be due?

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

It's unlikely you'll be charged that, if there are any billing discounts on your account, as they shouldn't be removed unless you change the broadband product. I'll be happy to check your account tomorrow and re-apply any discounts if necessary.

Cagney1994
Rising Star

@Anoush - I thought I'd add one final screenshot re. the change:

Phone.png

------

As you can see where I've underlined the info in red, it says a DD payment of £9.99 will go out on 1/05/2017

My current DD payment is to leave the account on or after 5/04/2017. Do you think the system will somehow charge me, again, that £9.99 on 1/05/2017 or will it stick to the date my current DD's have been going out, and the lesser amount of £2.50 for everything?

Also, I'm quite surprised the £2.50 I've been paying since July 2016 has never shown up on my account. It's always stated £9.99.

Would it be possible maybe for yourself to tinker with the system to make sure it says £2.50 and hopefully for it to stay that away until the contract ends?

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Fix

My current DD payment is to leave the account on or after 5/04/2017. Do you think the system will somehow charge me, again, that £9.99 on 1/05/2017 or will it stick to the date my current DD's have been going out, and the lesser amount of £2.50 for everything?

As you can see where I've underlined the info in red, it says a DD payment of £9.99 will go out on 1/05/2017

I'd advise to put this through, and if any discounts are removed I'll easily be able to re-add them for you before your next bill date. It's unlikely I'll need to, though I do appreciate from your point of view it does seem that you'll be charged the full cost.

Also, I'm quite surprised the £2.50 I've been paying since July 2016 has never shown up on my account. It's always stated £9.99.

That's because the cost of the broadband package is £9.99 but it doesn't take into account any billing discounts. I apologise for the confusion, it's a bit antiquated.

Would it be possible maybe for yourself to tinker with the system to make sure it says £2.50 and hopefully for it to stay that away until the contract ends?

Absolutely, I'll check this tomorrow.

Cagney1994
Rising Star

@Anoush - Thank you. Really appreciated Smiley

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

£2.50 per month for line rental & broadband? They'll be giving it for free next Grin
Cagney1994
Rising Star

@Browni - Lol! - Not really. I paid the line rental as one lump sum. That's why most likely it's not showing up.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

@Cagney1994 - I can confirm your call plan is scheduled to be removed from your next bill date and your discounts are still applied until the end of your contract/the year.

Cagney1994
Rising Star

@Anoush - Thank you Smiley