Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do BT deal with credit if you switch

Eserim
Rising Star

How do BT deal with credit if you switch

Hi
Does anyone know what BT do if you switch to another company and have a credit with them?  Do they simply pay it back into your account?
Cheers
Chris
4 REPLIES 4
zubel
Community Veteran

Re: How do BT deal with credit if you switch

Generally yes Smiley
B.
lingbob
Grafter

When I changed my phone provider from BT to PlusNet I was in credit with BT. Shortly after sending me my final statement, they sent me a cheque for the credit.
Regards .....
Eserim
Rising Star

cool  Smiley another reason to switch as we are a fair amount in credit.
What I often wondered is why utility companies, especially gas, don't say, your X units in credit rather than Y pounds - when prices are going up all the time it would encourage people to pay a bit more each month, buying extra units at today's prices, and of course increase the cash flow of the company.
Cheers all
Chris
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Quote from: Eserim
What I often wondered is why utility companies, especially gas, don't say, your X units in credit rather than Y pounds - when prices are going up all the time it would encourage people to pay a bit more each month, buying extra units at today's prices, and of course increase the cash flow of the company.

The gas companies (legally) have to convert meter units into energy units (BthU or KWh) because the calorific value of gas varies slightly over time.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."