Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How and when do I switch to PN from BT?

Cagney1994
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

How and when do I switch to PN from BT?

Hi all
My phone contract with BT ends on 13.7.15. Apparently I need to give them 14 days notice if I'm switching to another provider. Do I also say to them I'm going to PN? I'm not sure how all this process is going to work.
Thanks,
23 REPLIES 23
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: How and when do I switch to PN from BT?

If you choose to swap over to us today it'd complete on the 15th.
You don't need to let BT know who your moving to as they'll see who the line is going to when the order is placed.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Cagney1994
Rising Star

Thanks Matthew. And will I be able to keep my number from BT if I transfer to PN ?
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Yes you will be able to.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Cagney1994
Rising Star

Great.
And will there be any downtime whilst the line is being transferred? - I'm going to put the order through today. Also, when will the actual day be when I'm on PN's books for the phone?
Thanks.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No there won't be any downtime as we use the same infrastructure so it's just a change in who owns the line.
The actual day will be communicated to you via e-mail however it's around 2 weeks.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Cagney1994
Rising Star

Thanks again. And how do I take advantage of the line rental saver ?
I tried putting the order through via my account and there was no option of paying upfront. It just gave me a monthly figure of the standard line rental plus BB which is £9.99. But then I saw an advert on the main PN site about paying £2.50 for the BB for a month (for 12 months) and then £9.99 thereafter.
Would it be possible to take the above discounted prices ?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

If your broadband is already with Plusnet (or you are resurrecting an old account) you will need to phone Customer Options
Regarding the LRS via the website that can only be done once the phone account goes live but Customer Options may be able to sort that for you
    From landlines: 0800 013 2632
    From mobiles: 0330 123 9197
    8am - 8pm Monday to Friday
    9am - 7pm Saturday
    9am - 6pm Sunday
Cagney1994
Rising Star

Thanks OJ.
I'll give PN a call.
Cagney1994
Rising Star

I gave them a call today (or rather PN gave me call after the online chat) since it was quite busy yesterday. Hopefully everything should be all sorted out now. Also checking my products, the information now states I've got a contracted PN unlimited package and the download speed is approx. 4.5Mb  Shocked
It was 19.5Mb when I was on BB alone. Has there been an error on the information provided?
catelliott
Grafter

I'd have to look into that one. Can you PM me your username and I'll see what I can find? Smiley
Cagney1994
Rising Star

Re. calling features; do I need to mention them before my phone line goes live or do I have to do that myself after (via the control panel)?
I would really prefer the caller display to be available as soon as the switch-over is done if possible.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

If they weren't requested on the initial order you'll have to wait until the transfer completes.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Cagney1994
Rising Star

Thanks Matthew. And I did the order via telephone. Was I supposed to have given the option of adding the calling features I wanted ?
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Theoretically, yes. Was this not the case? If so I'll feed back.
Your order is due to complete on the 21st. My recommendation would be to update this thread on the day serving as a reminder for me to add caller display for you. We say 24 working hours, but I've known it to be sorted in as early as 10 minutes.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet