Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Obtain A Line Check?

bazzer
Pro

How To Obtain A Line Check?

Hi,
I recently bought some new BT phones (BT8500 with call blocker facilities).
Since purchasing I am noticing that some callers sound very loud as though I have them on speaker phone (which I do not) and adjusting the volume makes little difference.
Also, there is intermittent drop out on the calls and break up of speech.
BT ask that I first conduct a line check by dialling 151 but as I'm a Plusnet customer this number does not work so how should I conduct a line check?
I have only experienced this since buying these phones and my previous cordless phones were fine.
Appreciate any help.
Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
chrcoluk
Grafter

Re: How To Obtain A Line Check?

usually if reporting a fault to plusnet they carry out a check on the line and post the result in a ticket.
AndyT
Grafter

Hi bazzer,
Because the issue has only occurred since you've been using the new handsets, it is very likely that they are causing the problem.  I have run a quick test on your line and no network fault was detected, so I would advise testing the connection with your old handsets to see if the problem still exists.
If it does, I would advise raising the issue to our faults team via the Member Centre and they will progress a fault investigation.
You can 'Report a Telephone Fault' at the following link: <a href="https://www.plus.net/wizard/ ">Help Assistant</a>
Thanks
bazzer
Pro

Thanks everyone.
I am going to change the phones and see if the replacements have similar issues.
Cruise85
Grafter

Hi Bazzer
Let us know how you get on with the alternative phones, as if this doesn't help we can certainly look at raising a fault for you
Thanks