cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Soon Is Soon?

Zantos
Dabbler

How Soon Is Soon?

I applied for Call Divert to be added to my line about a month ago using the control panel and it worked Cheesy I used it a couple of times to divert calls to my mobile while on holiday and upon getting my latest bill found one diverted call listed as being open for 58 mins. Sad The actual call lasted only a matter of minutes so needless to say I was a little concerned - but these problems do occur and rather than make an issue of this I thought I would cancel call divert.
Big mistake - according to my control panel this option is still "awaiting activation" and so I couldn't cancel it. Waited a few days still the same so I contacted support on Monday 5th August at 2:52pm and logged a fault call. At 4:25pm this was updated with the message "Moving to pool". Don't know if this means someone was going on holiday but nothing has changed since then, my status is still "awaiting action" but when I log in I am told my problem has been fixed.
Any ideas?
Is a week Too soon to expect a result?
11 REPLIES 11
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: How Soon Is Soon?

Hi Zantos,
I've placed a manual order to remove this for you, it should be done later today. I've also put a message on the ticket in order that we get the component removed from your account for you.
Hope that helps.
Zantos
Dabbler

Hi Matt
I'm glad it wasn't anything urgent as I'm still waiting patiently, or not  Wink
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Well the order's completed, it's now a matter of the component being removed from the account. You're not being charged for it though, and won't be at all.
Hope that reassures you.
Zantos
Dabbler

Hi Matt
Thank you (I think). I have had a number of messages on my mobile telling me my transfer to Plusnet has been completed  Roll_eyes Informing me of charges that are being applied but will be refunded BUT at least the call divert message has now vanished from my account. Hopefully everything will become clearer during the next billing period.
Thanks to you and your colleagues working in the background for solving a strange problem.
regards
Dave
Zantos
Dabbler

Not too sure about the "not being charged for it" comment above.  I think this situation is nearing it's conclusion BUT to obtain this I have:
1) Been charged £6-29 that has to stay on my account until the next billing to be removed, the only way that could be found to remove call forwarding.
2) Been charged for line rental on my last bill £20-28 as my "saver" had been removed from the account while removing call forwarding, yet again can't be refunded until it has been deducted for a month.
This should amount to almost £27 while my "normal" bill is £9-99. This means if this amount isn't returned to my bank account it will take almost another THREE MONTHS for my account to be straight, on top of the month lost through these amounts being wrongly billed!
Don't really think this relates to "not being charged for it".  Sad
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Really sorry about that - by charged I meant charged for the call divert service itself, rather than any diverted calls. Unfortunately as it was active any diverted calls were chargeable which is where this has come from.
I can see though that there's a ticket on your account with our support team who'll make sure the full amount is refunded as soon as the current direct debit payment has been taken.
Zantos
Dabbler

Hi Matt
I wasn't complaining about the actual calls made using the call divert feature, these are entirely justified. I was more concerned that my finances are thrown into disarray by a charge for a phone service that I have paid in advance for and the fact that it couldn't be removed BEFORE the direct debit was taken from my account; being a pensioner I am on a fairly strict budget and this error by PlusNet doesn't help. My question or concern is why it is ALWAYS necessary to wait until AFTER the direct debit has been processed BEFORE adding credits to an account, this error could have been rectified before the direct debit was taken - especially as it was not my error but something associated with a problem that had been running for some time.
regards
Dave
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

We can refund from previous invoices, that isn't a problem, unfortunately though when a payment is actually in the process of going through we can't start another one - that's been the cause of the delay in this case. Really sorry about that.
Zantos
Dabbler

Please Matt can someone devote a little time to trying to sort out the shambles on my account  Embarrassed I have now received one SMALL refund twice (as far as I can make out) for £6-29 and still have a larger one outstanding.
Zantos
Dabbler

Sorry Matt disregard the last comment about being refunded twice  Wink Basically I was overcharged on 1/9/8 and a credit not raised on 2/9 (don't know what this will do but still). Overcharged about £13 on 1/8 and still waiting to see something happen or any money to materialise.
Please sort it so things can return to normal  Roll_eyes
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The previous refund was for an incorrect call barring charge by the look of it? As for the £13.99 that's been refunded today, I'll see what I can do about the line rental issue but I believe this is an ongoing problem. More info as soon as I have it.