cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House move

Daimo72

House move

Hello,
Could anyone please advise on the cost of moving address to a new build property with no phone line and no phone socket.
I've just renewed my to a 24 months contract.
I would really appreciate anyone's help.
Thank you
5 REPLIES 5
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 50

Re: House move

@Daimo72 

As a new build I'm guessing it's got FTTP. If so, who installed it - is it OpenReach or one of the AltNets?

Either way you won't get a copper line so no phone service that way. You need to use VOIP.

If it's OR then when you transfer you'll need to up upgrade your PN account to FTTP - probably with a new contract. Give the PlusNet Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 to find out your options.

Brian

Daimo72

Thank you Brian,

I will give plusnet a call to check the cost od the move.

Thank you
bmc
Hero

@Daimo72 

Has the property been built or is the build ongoing? If the latter it may not show up yet on address databases so it'll not show up on any Checkers. In this case you'll need to phone the developer to find who who's providing the FTTP internet.

If you use the Address version of the following it may tell you. Enter the post code only and select the address from the drop down menu. https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If it's an alternative supplier then PN cannot provide a service as they only use OpenReach.

Either way if you want a phone service then you need to go VOIP. You have 30 days from the cease of your current copper circuit to "port" your number if you want to keep it. Note VOIP doesn't work during power cuts.

There are many VOIP providers and indeed the AltNet may offer one (if it's's not OR). Note that some independant VOIP services have trouble porting a ceased line. One who can is A&A - the initial port will fail due to their systems but you phone Support and get them to arrange a manual port.

https://www.aa.net.uk/voice-and-mobile/voip-information/

Brian

Daimo72

Thank you very much Brian,
Apparently I cannot have fttp at the property.
It's BT who's responsible att the exchange.
I am trying to attach the search results of the link you sent me buy unable to attach as I don't know how to do this sorry. But thank you for your help.
bmc
Hero

@Daimo72 

If the house is still in build then it's possible the FTTP equipment hasn't been installed yet so will not be registering on the Checkers. You could try the following to see what it says.

https://www.openreach.com/

It's OpenReach who are responsible for the network not BT. As it's OR this means you will be able to transfer your PN account to the new address. Note that PN don't do VOIP so you would have to line up an independant provider if you want a phone line.

There may be a restriction in adding images until you've done a set number of posts. There is for Private messaging.

There are two ways of doing it. The first is to add a file using the link that will be below the message window. The other is to add it "in line" - you do this by clicking on the icon above the message box that looks like rectangle with a mountain in it.

Brian