cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Homephone packages

Not applicable

Homephone packages

Someone in another thread referred to ID Net telephone packages. Having checked, I see that they have one that is Anytime Lite - 5 hours per month for £13.99. This is not as competitive as the old Plusnet legacy Anytime but is still, IMO, going down the right path in meeting consumer needs.
Currently with BT and PN (and most companies for that matter) there are only two choices - evenings/weekends and anytime. 
I just wanted to know if there is any call for a mid-price product for anytime telephone calls. Am thinking of perhaps 400 or 500 minutes for a pricing between the two existing products?
Even one that did not include international calls would be good.
There must be others for whom the current options are just not quite right for their usage patterns.
Is this something that is worth investigating?
9 REPLIES 9
bobboulby
Grafter

Re: Homephone packages

Hi Poppy
This isn't something that I personally would be interested in (I'm happy with "Evening and Weekends") but I can see that it could have some appeal.
Why don't you put up a poll to gauge support?
Bob
Not applicable

Thank you for the suggestion Bob, but my computer ability does not extend to constructing a poll.
I had hoped that someone from PN might have given an opinion but never mind.
Am seriously thinking of going back to BT. It won't save a lot of money, but caller display is free (for the price of 2 charged calls per month) and the 0845/0870 numbers are included.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

@poppy,
If you're looking at savings with BT then have a look at these offers, E & W or Anytime with £1 off line rental.
http://www.serviceview.bt.com/list/public/current/Notice09_boo/FrameworkImpl337849.htm#FrameworkImpl...
http://www.serviceview.bt.com/list/public/current/Notice09_boo/FrameworkImpl337851.htm#FrameworkImpl...
I warn you though, they are difficult to get BT to actually acknowledge. You can't order them online but when you call BT sales they don't seem to have heard of them and try to claim it doesnt exist, even when you refer to their OWN notices posted above. I wanted the E & W offer and eventually through perseverance I achieved it.
First rang sales, they denied it existed. Pointed them at their notice, then they tried to claim it was out of date and the prices had gone up £1 since April. Anyway after much discussion and getting nowhere I put in a complaint via the website. Someone called me the following day and I went through the procedure again , first they tried to claim it didnt exist then I pointed them at the notice, this time they went quiet!!!. Aah they said you need to call sales for that, been there tried that I said. Eventually they said maybe that offer is handled differently I'll forward on your email and someone will get back to you. No answer for 2 days so raised another complaint regarding lack of response.  Anyway finally got 2 responses, one to the first complaint saying 'Yes that offer is correct , let me know and I'll order it for you', 2nd saying 'the standard offer is blah blah and not acknowledging the special offer ( both from the same dept BTW !!) Needless to say I replied to the first and finally got the deal!!!
So If you are interested , the offer does exist!! you just need to persevere. On my account its now identified as 'Unlimited Evenings & Weekends Plus' if that helps.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Not applicable

That is really good MisterW - well spotted! Am very grateful for the advice and am going to telephone sales today to enquire about the Anytime plan as I don't tend to make calls in the evenings or weekends.
If I manage to get anywhere will post back.  Smiley
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@poppy,
Good luck , don't let them fob you off with the standard package, make sure you get the one with £1 off.
On the BT website you can also get the info from here http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayCategory.do?categoryId=CON-HOME-PHN-R1
then click on 'Terms and Conditions' at the bottom of the page. Then scroll down to the Anytime plans and you should see the £1 off offer.
Ian

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Not applicable

All sorted - lucky to get through to a very helpful young man and although it took ages as he was a bit flummoxed (he couldn't find it on their database), he did manage to sort it so will be changing in one month. Will also be getting caller display free as part of the privacy package - just have to make a couple of chargeable calls each month which shouldn't be a problem.
Thank you very much for your help and advice.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@poppy,
Excellent news!. Maybe they have 'educated' their sales team a little since I spoke to them... More likely you were luckier than me and got someone who knew what they were doing!
Anyway, happy to help and glad you're sorted.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

What's the minimum contract term on those offers, presumeably at least a 12 month?
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@Anotherone,
Yes they're 12 months