cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Homephone Repairs

Not applicable

Homephone Repairs

For the first time since using Homephone my telephone line went down yesterday.  I called in to PN on my mobile, selecting the Homephone fault option and it was answered immediately (2 minute call). A text was sent in the afternoon saying that it was an exchange fault and it had been passes to BT.
This morning when I awoke it was back on and all is OK (broadband included). 
Am pleased with the service and glad to be back online - thank you CS staff.
17 REPLIES 17
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Homephone Repairs

Thanks for letting us know and I'm glad the fault was rectified swiftly.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
itsme
Grafter

It mystifies me why PN CS are congratulated. The are only a call centre that pass the reported fault to BT. It's BT who actually fix the fault.
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Quote from: itsme
It mystifies me why PN CS are congratulated. The are only a call centre that pass the reported fault to BT. It's BT who actually fix the fault.

Whilst that may be true, you need to compare the track record of other phone service providers using BT Wholesale to provide their service.  No such good reading?
It's the end to end service that is being measured here.  PlusNet are the front end and have a good relationship with Openreach who do the 'fix'
Maurice

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

itsme
Grafter

Quote from: MauriceC
It's the end to end service that is being measured here.  PlusNet are the front end and have a good relationship with Openreach who do the 'fix'
Maurice

Not sure were good relationship come in to it as Openreach can't offer preferential service to any reseller.
James
Grafter

Hi Itsme,
I would certainly disagree and I do think that credit is deserved in this case.  There are a number of areas where poor service could have been delivered.  For example:
- We could have taken ages to answer the call
- We could have fobbed Poppy off with a number of unlikely suggestions to try to fix the problem
Instead, we quickly answered the call, diagnosed the fault efficiently and then raised it accordingly and subsequently the problem was then fixed and at a good pace.
It's not really about the relationship with Openreach, but how the initial complaint was handled at this end, before Openreach fulfilling their side of the bargain.
itsme
Grafter

Think you summed up what's wrong with this country when you believe that good service should be praised. In other countries that I have worked in good service is expected.
James
Grafter

Hmm.  Not so sure.  It depends widely on what service you're actually using.
Of course, I firmly believe that you should always expect good service from us.  It's what we're striving to constantly deliver.
greyposter
Grafter

And good service in other countries,often consists of an open palm.(Just my experience)
Not applicable

Itsme - it mystifies me why so many people are quick to criticise but not to praise. Yes, CS were only doing their job but they did it in a courteous and efficient manner and, most importantly, I was not left hanging on to a (very expensive) mobile telephone call, I could understand what was being said, and I was informed of the action so I knew what was going on.  Having a disabled person at home to care for, the telephone is very important to me.
It's basic common sense that if all the feedback staff get is critical, then morale will sink and with it the service. 
When I was working I just 'did my job' but was always boosted by positive comments from my patients.  It is what kept my colleagues and I going when bogged down with red tape, and NHS 'reforms'.  A bit of generosity might not come amiss!
itsme
Grafter

I understand what you say. But, it was BT who fixed your phone so quickly and they are not the ones that will see your thanks.
itsme
Grafter

Quote from: poppy
Having a disabled person at home to care for, the telephone is very important to me.

I believe that BT offer a priority service to fix faults if a disabled person is registered against a telephone number. Does PN mimic this service?

Free Priority Fault Repair
At BT we understand that the telephone is a vital lifeline for people who are unable to leave the house because of an illness or disablility. If you have a chronic long-term illness or a disability you can apply for our Free Priority Fault Repair scheme which will protect your phone line. Once you are registered on the Free Priority Fault Repair Scheme, BT will deal with reported faults as soon as possible, day or night 365 days a year.
James
Grafter

At a guess, it would be a higher prioritised service provision.  We could potentially offer this, but we don't currently.  I'm quite surprised that they would offer something which they would have to pay more for, without charging extra for it.
Bear in mind, I'm no expert and just going on what I've seen using their ordering system.
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@poppy
I agree. No matter what your job, "just doing your job, and getting paid for it" only provides enough reason to go back next week..... to get the money, to live for another week, to do the job, to get the money, to live . . . . .  But..... Just one compliment on how you do your job can boost your self confidence, and improve the output more than any pay rise could ever do....
From what you say, I suspect you  were in the Nursing Profession..... I expect that "itsme" would remember the nurses, and how they not only "looked after him", but also the "care" they show, whilst "just doing the job"..... He (or she) may well have had an operation, by a very skilled and dedicated surgeon, and his equally skilled an dedicated theatre staff, BUT I wonder if, when "itsme" came out of hospital, he would consider it  "oh well, I got better quickly, because all those people were "just doing their job"..... they don`t deserve any praise or thanks..... "they were just doing their job".
@itsme.... as has already been mentioned..... the fact that the fault was fixed quickly was not due "entirely" to PlusNet.... It was a "team effort".... PlusNet at the front end of the customer link, and BT at the back end....
Poppy was quite right to praise PN for the way they handled her complaint..... If PN decide they want to pass that praise on to BT, then they can do so, however, I  suspect that will not happen directly, more in the way of good business relationships between the two companies, therefore ensuring that those who are ungrateful enough not to say thank you,  can enjoy the benefits of those who do take the time out, to pass on their thanks.....
jmd
Grafter

I always believe in saying thank you for good service - it is good for the morale of the staff who deal with the action to know they are appreciated.  It is when you get no thanks that morale becomes low and service is not then as good because staff feel that they are not appreciated.  I saw that in my work constantly.  I was often thanked for sorting out a problem with someones benefit but like PN with the Phone problem I was then passing that problem to another section or dept to rectify but I saw it as a thanks for action been taken even if it was not a direct action - because the result was beneficial.