Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home phone

MightyMouse
Grafter

Home phone

Hello, I'm new on here .
Presently with ntl now virgin on dial-up.
After doing quite a bit of reasearch I have decided not to go with Virgin with Broadband ( didn't really want to line Branson's pockets any further anyway).
So, late last week I joined plusnet for both Broadband and Phone.

So far I have been impressed  with being updated at every stage
I have been told that  my Broadband will be activated on Saturday after  12pm
As my line rental will now be with plusnet, do I have to cancel my line rental with BT or do plus net do this for me ??
7 REPLIES 7
paulby
Grafter

Re: Home phone

You don't have to do anything!  PlusNet will take care of it for you.
MightyMouse
Grafter

Thanks Paul,
I was hoping that was the case  !!
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
Your transfer for the phone will happen after the broadband (roughly about 2 weeks).
During the transfer the losing provider is notified that you will be leaving (in this case BT), so you don't have to do anything. Smiley
MightyMouse
Grafter

Thanks again !!
An after thought . I am actually making  all my calls though ntl/virgin at the moment  through a box  that they supplied
In a deal struck 6 or 7 years a go whereby if I spent more than £15 a month on phone calls my internet was free 24/7 if not I still paid £15. it seemed a good deal at the time . but of course things have moved on since then , and of course this deal was for dial -up . Also they say this deal is coming to an end in march and are keen to move me onto 1 of there Broadband deals . Obviously I declined there offer after quite a bit of research and have opted to go with plusnet . Of course the line rental is with  Bt. Will cancel with Virgin once I have Broadband up and running(pressume I do have to do this myself ??) . I pressume I can stil run their dial up alongside my broadband until I know that broadband is running trouble free ?? .Anyway, I believe that I have to give them 30 days notice .
Mand
Grafter

Yep, you'll need to contact them directly as only the actual line provider will be notified as a matter of course.
You'll still be able to use dialup services during the transfer so that won't be an issue.
MightyMouse
Grafter

Thanks once again !!!
James
Grafter

Hi there,
You shouldn't need to speak with BT about having your phone line transferred over to us.  They should automatically stop billing you, but it cvertainly shouldn't hurt to give them a ring once your service with us has gone live.
I'm glad to hear that everything is going well for you so far!