Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home phone

Chrisvesey
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Home phone

Just had an email plus text message saying my phone service was now up and running however my dashboard says I have not ordered phone and seems to think I am moving house, What next? 

22 REPLIES 22
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Home phone

Hi @Chrisvesey

For some reason it looks like the phone component on your account has gone astray upon completion of your order. I've raised this with the relevant team and I'll update you when I know more.

In the meantime, you should be able to use your broadband service through us once you setup your new router.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Chrisvesey
Rising Star

My broadband is still working on the John Lewis zyxel router, the phone is also still working, probably on the jl account

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

The transfer has completed, if you plug in your Plusnet router you should be up and running through us.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Chrisvesey
Rising Star

Hi,

Broadband went down last night but is now OK after being sorted by customer support, my account still says no phone despite it working normally, as I want to go for plusnet tv this would cause a problem, speed is good, download in the low 60's 😊,

Chris 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Chris.

I'm glad that you're up and running now. Apologies for the bumpy start.

Regarding your account, it's with the right people to fix but in the meantime it's unlikely we'd be able to add TV for you. I'll continue to monitor this for you and try to get this sorted as soon as we can.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Chrisvesey
Rising Star

Thanks for that, I understand the TV package cannot be added until the account has been live for 10 days

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

YouView can be added anytime after the account activates, but the issue with your account affecting the phone component is also affecting us being able to do a product change. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Chrisvesey
Rising Star

OK, thanks again, can you let me know when it is all sorted. Just had an email from John Lewis telling me they intend taking a payment later this month, they had already emailed me to wave goodbye and saying there was nothing else to pay 🤔

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

OK, thanks again, can you let me know when it is all sorted. 

No problem, will do.

Just had an email from John Lewis telling me they intend taking a payment later this month, they had already emailed me to wave goodbye and saying there was nothing else to pay 🤔

Sorry to hear this. It's likely that you'll get a refund once they've processed the final bill. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Chrisvesey
Rising Star

I was thinking of phoning John Lewis to query what was happening, we are wondering if jl are still supplying the phone service. Jl closed my account the moment I said I would not be renewing (this was in the beginning of November) so I have no way of checking, they took the final payment around the 10th to cover. november. We don't want a bill from them for phone service, is it better to let you deal with them?

Chris 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I'd expect you to receive a refund for any time you've paid for a service you haven't had, but it may be worth a call to them to double check.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Chrisvesey
Rising Star

Just ploughing through the old emails from plus net and noticed that the confirmation I received on 15th says line only, doesn't mention phone

Chris 

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

says line only

That  means a phone line but with no call plan e.g Anytime or Evening & Weekends calls. That means that any calls you make would be chargeable.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Chrisvesey
Rising Star

That's wrong then, I'm paying 8 squid for unlimited😢