cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home phone won’t receive incoming calls

Gwd28

Home phone won’t receive incoming calls

Home phone, been working fine then suddenly won’t receive incoming calls. Outgoing calls working fine. Line has correct number. Tried a different phone, same result.
5 REPLIES 5
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Home phone won’t receive incoming calls

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @Gwd28,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. I've just tested the line and we haven't been able to detect any underlying landline faults, so we'd need to try and narrow down what's causing the problem at this stage. Have you tried calling your landline from a mobile phone to see if the call connects?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Squib
Grafter

I have exactly the same problem, Plusnet and Openreach have been working on it for 5 days now.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@Squib

Not quite the same problem as here we couldn't find an issue but for your line, we know where the problem is.

I've chased our suppliers this morning and provided an update Here.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

@Gwd28

Try calling your phone from your mobile. Then whilst you hear the ringing tone, pick up the land line to see if the call is there. That verifies that the circuit is routed correctly just that ring current is not being applied to the line. Not convinced that fault would show up on remote testing.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.