Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home phone without broadband

timsmith
Grafter

Home phone without broadband

Hi
For various reasons, I'm intending in leaving plusnet due to very poor service.
A couple of months back I paid the line rental saver for the year (although the fact they continued billing me monthly as well and the way it was handled is one of the reasons I want to leave).
I can't find anywhere whether I can move the broadband and leave the line with plusnet until it expires. Probably moving to VIrgin so don't need the line to be 'released' to another ISP.
Thanks
9 REPLIES 9
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Home phone without broadband

You can leave and retain the phone
You realise that a move to Virgin will mean that you will have to pay the cancellation charge
timsmith
Grafter

Why would there be a cancellation charge? I've been with plusnet for years.
Thanks
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

I thought PN didn't do just phone?
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Because you will be having the broadband disconnected by going to Virgin cable
If you choose to end your agreement for the service and you do not use a recognised migration process you will be subject to the broadband cease charge as shown in the price guide. You will not have to pay this charge if you are moving home and we are unable to provide the service at the new UK address.
http://www.plus.net/info2/legal/index.html#broadband_family and if you go here you will see how much it is https://portal.plus.net/my.html?s=0&action=account_summary
timsmith
Grafter

Typical unhelpful and rude Plusnet.
Apparently they won't offer that so by having paid my line rental upfront they have now tried to tie me into a broadband contract I haven't agreed to. Next stop Ofcom.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

What on earth are you on about
There are no posts on here from Plusnet staff and as I said in my first post you can retain the phone when you cancel or migrate the broadband
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi timsmith,
The best department to speak to is our cancellations team regarding your options to cancel.
As we don't offer phone only you would lose out on what you've paid for your LRS upfront if you were to cancel and go with another provider.
I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused by this. I can see you've raised an online complaint regarding this. Our complaints team endeavor to respond within 5 working days.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Just to clarify Linn's comments - if you choose to cancel both phone & broadband, you will lose what you have paid for LRS. If you just cancel broadband, you may keep phone-only service with LRS.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks Ben. I was going to come back to clarify just in case it wasn't very clear but you beat me to it! Smiley