cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home phone unreconised charges

mrianhill
Hooked

Home phone unreconised charges

Morning all ,had an email last night Saturday 7th May ,saying i have over £28 of phone call charges ,we don't have a home phone ,recently moved into house and stayed with Plusnet ,kind of sorry now after a disasterous broadband move, knocked us off 10 days before move ,signed a new contact with them and then the annual price increase kicked in, it is what it is,,after a little search on here its either a fault on the line ,its them 123 numbers and a few local numbers ,so i tried to contact Plusnet and no reply yet ,what are my chances of this getting sorted do you guys think ,thanks so much for taking the time to read such a long post ,take care

10 REPLIES 10
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Home phone unreconised charges

@mrianhill  Welcome to the forum.

The first thing to try is to ring 17070 and check that the number is correct. 123 activity suggests that a lazy Openreach technician has been testing the line or there is noise. You can check for noise by again ringing 17070 and selecting Option 2.

It could also be a cross connection. Are your calls getting through or are you receiving any strange calls?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

mrianhill
Hooked

Thanks for the reply 👌we don't have a home phone at all, not for over 10 years 😂 , never needed the line only for internet 😉

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@mrianhill 

They really are a very useful fault finding tool to keep in a cupboard in case you have a problem. They are not expensive, see https://www.argos.co.uk/product/5529610?clickPR=plp:2:11

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@mrianhill wrote:

...123 numbers and a few local numbers...

I'm guessing that these local numbers all comprise low digits?

If, for example, an intermittent fault is causing random numbers to be dialled - say 213211, it would appear on the bill as 01xxx 213211, even though the area code hadn't been dialled.

And of course in this situation '123' often gets called and billed.

It's something that crops up fairly regularly on the forum, so one of the Help Team will understand the problem and ensure that you're not charged.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
mrianhill
Hooked

Thanks so much for your reply 👍 hopefully it will be sorted soon ,it didn't help it happening over the weekend i suppose🙄 well fingers crossed🤞 today Monday, i will be back in work tomorrow on until Sunday 🙄 hopefully it can be sorted behind the scenes as i drive for a living and not allowed to use my mobile 👍 to answer emails or calls 🚌

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there,

I can see you've messaged us on Facebook and one of my colleagues has reported a fault with Openreach as they've detected an external line problem. An engineer's currently looking at this today so we should have an update for you within 24 hours. If you can let me know once they've sorted it, I'll make sure we refund the call charges back to you. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mrianhill
Hooked

Hi thanks for this update ,yeah Openreach have just left and said it will get sorted soon ,he mentioned another team will be looking at the outside fault ,lucky i was home , may get faster internet speeds now HaHa,,loads of construction going on locally and openreach ,welsh water, gas,and western power all working together Wink

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Haha nice! That'd be the dream Cheesy

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mrianhill
Hooked

Still billing me 😥 they agreed that there was a problem with the line and refunded me the previous bill add on charges ,really dont understand these bills either that or i'm too thick to work it out ,they have now closed my case ,give up 😡 they now want me too take out another plan with phone calls included for extra £10 odd to cover the phone calls i can't make , or pay an extra £5 odd a month to block any out going calls that i can't make 😡 anyway we tried ,thanks

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @mrianhill, thanks for getting in touch. I'm really sorry for the confusion with your bills!

From what I can see all the call charges were corrected and doesn't look like there has been any more since? Can you please provide some further information on where you are seeing this so I can take a further look at this for you?

The contact about adding a call plan will likely be due to seeing an increase in the call charges previously and looks like the agent has reviewed the account to see there was a fault, so I'm sorry for the concern this has caused. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team