cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home phone still unconfigured?

billyflem

Home phone still unconfigured?

Ordered Fibre and home phone back on the 10th of July,on the 5th August my fibre was up and running but my home phone is still unconfigured.
Why does it take so long to switch the home phone over from BT? the order was made almost 2 months ago.
12 REPLIES 12
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Home phone still unconfigured?

It has to take 14 days to transfer the phone, OFCOM rules to prevent slamming. In your case I suspect the Broadband had to transfer first since transferring the phone first would have left just BB with BT who don't allow that and would have ceased it. The delay on the Fibre BB was probably down to Openreach engineer availability. The phone transfer order should have been placed once the BB was transferred though and should be any time now I guess. 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi billyflem,
Sorry to hear there's been a delay with your phone service transferring over to Plusnet.
I've taken a look at the account and there seems to have been an issue with the "state" that your home phone component was in so the system wasn't aware that it had to place the transfer order when the FTTC service was activated as MisterW indicates. Normally, it should place itself once the FTTC component has gone active. In this case the transfer order wasn't queued for the phone so it didn't know to place it Sad I've manually submitted that now but as MisterW states - we have to give your current provider 10 working days notice from when we place the order. Your phone order is therefore expected to complete on 11/09/2014. I've refunded the payment you made for Line Rental as an apology for the delay.
billyflem

Thanks, but i'm now concerned having received an email from BT on the 16th August saying "thanks for you PHONE order and your new contract is for 12 months",I presumed it was BT at their best screwing things up but it seems to be the other way round and I could be hit with a very hefty cancellation fee for the phone line.
As I had a phone line and broadband package with BT they have cancelled the broadband part but re-contracted me for the phone line,this could be a nightmare?
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'd recommend getting in touch with BT to see if they have indeed re-contracted your phone for 12 months. I can't comment on their terms and conditions but we would not re-contract someone without their consent. Get back to me if you need the order for the phone to be transferred over to be stopped.
billyflem

Thanks for the reply Linn.
Spoke to BT after my last post and they said because I had a bundle and the broadband part stopped the email is sent out automatically for the phone line part and I wont be held to a new contract.
Had me worried there for a bit as I want all my services with Plusnet.
The broadband service has been great , since I joined  I have  recommended the service to friends and family of which 2 of them have switched  Smiley
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Phew! Smiley
Glad to hear that! In that case I'll leave things to go through for the 11th. If you have any queries though don't hesitate to give us a shout!
billyflem

Home phone went live yesterday according to an email from Plusnet but it still says unconfigured in the member centre ,only reason I checked was to add caller display but can't access the home phone control panel.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi billyflem,
This should now be fixed for you.
Thanks,
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
billyflem

Thanks Matty caller display now up and running
marillion2

Quote from: billyflem
Home phone went live yesterday according to an email from Plusnet but it still says unconfigured in the member centre ,only reason I checked was to add caller display but can't access the home phone control panel.

I have the same problem as billyflem, can you help please?
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi marillion2,
That's been resolved for you. Sorry for any inconvenience caused. You should now be able to make any changes to the call features on your line.
marillion2

Many thanks  Smiley Smiley Smiley