cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home phone query

Surfer
Grafter

Home phone query

I moved my father's phone across to Plusnet sometime ago, but have never been paid any commission?  Secondly they keep sending me emails stating that he has reached his credit limit of £50.  I am now wondering how he is getting close to his call limit of £50 as with his previous supplier his calls average less than £10 a month excluding line rental. 
No credit limit was mentioned when I switched him across to Plusnet and this has annoyed plus he is finding that Plusnet is more expensive than his previous supplier.  He now wants me to change his supplier.  I am assuming that with a home phone there is no contract so there should be no issue with him changing suppliers.  Can any one tell me if this is correct?
9 REPLIES 9
PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Home phone query

Without details, the first thought is that the transfer resulted in the loss of an option, such as "anytime calls". You can check (and change) via the "product change" link after logging in to the account.
Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
Surfer
Grafter

My elderly father does not have access to the Internet and he has never used the Internet.  I set up the account for him, but cannot remember the log in details although I have the account number.  It seems I made a mistake changing him to Plusnet as we have both lost out.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Can we have a ticket number / the account number to look into this please? I hope you're an authorised user on your father's account so that we can discuss the issue with you?
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

I assume you must have taken BB with PN because they don't do phone only - if they did I would change my mother in a heart beat and even now I'm contemplating taking BB for her even tho' it will never be used.
Surfer
Grafter

I found the log in details when I set up his account and discovered why his call charges are so high, however the question remains why I am not getting a commission for introducing him to Plusnet?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

While logged on to his account you need to raise a ticket requesting that your name is added as a person authorised to discuss the account. Until you do that they won't speak to you about the account if you ring in.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@Surfer
Without knowing which account belongs to your father, I have no way of looking into this for you. What jelv posted is also true - we may need you to raise a ticket.
Surfer
Grafter

Thanks as the issue now is the commission payment.  I have the account number and can log in, but how would I go about linking it for the commission payment plus back payments.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

You need to raise a ticket on your fathers account saying you referred him and also a ticket on your account to claim the referral. I guess it would help if you added a comment with the other ticket number on each ticket.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)