cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home phone ordering question

m063
Grafter

Home phone ordering question

My son has moved into a rented house where the phone line is connected, presumably because the previous tenant has not notified the telephone provider that they have moved. BT say they are not the provider, but would not or could not say who provides the telephone service.
If he was to order (say) Package 2 (BBYW Option 2 + HomePhone Evenings and Weekends) would there be any issues arising because of the current contractual status of the phone line?
Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: Home phone ordering question

Sounds like the phone line is either with Vigin Media (NTL/Telewest cable) or has been transferred over to someone like talktalk and BT are no longer responsible for it.
Either way, if BT are not responsible for the phone line, you cannot have broadband on it from PlusNet a that requires a BT phone line.
m063
Grafter

Fairly sure it isn't cable as there is what appears to be a BT master socket.
Just seen another thread from John Essex where PN seem to have successfully migrated his phone from TalkTalk (unless I misunderstood it).
Assuming TalkTalk, would PN be able to migrate the phone first, then provide BBYW service on it? There wouldn't be any sense in my son trying to get the phone migrated back to BT as they would want him to sign a contract....
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
If it's an underlying BT Wholesale line we will have no problems transferring it. I'd recommend signing up as normal and then raising a ticket with the new telephone number so we can check things out for you.