cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home phone number has been changed without me asking!

jennniesarah

Home phone number has been changed without me asking!

Can anyone offer me any advice? I have just found out that my honme phone number has changed. I have not requested this at all and have been with Plusnet for a couple of years now so nothing has changed.

It is showing as correct in my account details online but when i use the phone to call my mobile it displays a completely different number to mine. 

I am going to call Plusnet first thing in the morning obviously but wondered if this had happened to anyone else and what happened? I can only think that with all the bad weather we have had recently its caused some sort of problem somewhere at an exchange maybe?

thanks

2 REPLIES 2
BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 7

Re: Home phone number has been changed without me asking!

Before you ring in, try 17070 just to see what the exchange thinks is your landline number. and to confirm what you are seeing on the mobile.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Home phone number has been changed without me asking!

Thanks for your post @jennniesarah I'm sorry to see that you had a different number. I can see an engineer went out yesterday and fixed a problem on the line between the Exchange and the Cabinet (The green box in the road).

I've tested your line today and the tests aren't showing any issues, has the problem been fixed from your side?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet