cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home phone number ex directory

Gac03
Dabbler

Home phone number ex directory

Whilst with BT I was always ex-directory but joined PlusNet in 2018.  I have now discovered my number is published in the 2020/2021 BT Phone Book.  I assumed that my ex directory number would be kept that way when I transferred in.  I am now getting more and more nuisance sales calls.  I am extremely annoyed that PlusNet has published my phone number.  Is this standard practice - if so it should stop - PlusNet's approach encourages nuisance calls.  Can PlusNet please ensure that my phone number reverts to ex-directory status.  

4 REPLIES 4
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Re: Home phone number ex directory

Ex -directory has been the default - at least for residential lines - for a few years now.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Gac03
Dabbler

This doesn't explain why I was ex directory and did not appear in BT Phone Book in 2018/19 (when I was with BT) but now appear in the 2020/21 version (changed to PlusNet in November 2018).  There is a disparity between your explanation and the reality?

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

With respect, I made no attempt to explain why your line is not XD - only Plusnet can do that.

As a customer, I was just setting out the directory entry policy on new PN residential lines until a PN rep picks up this thread.

Is @Gandalf about?

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @Gac03,

I'm sorry that your number has been published in the phone book and for any inconvenience that this has caused you.

As @198kHz has stated, our policy is for lines to be ex-directory as default unless the customer requests otherwise. However, having checked on your line I can confirm that it was showing that you are listed in the directory. I'm sorry that this happened and I will pass on feedback to the relevant team. It appears that this may have been an error on the part of the advisor that placed your order.

I've placed an order to change your line to ex-directory now and this will complete on the 18th of February.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team