cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home phone not working

quackers987

Home phone not working

Came in just now.  Listened to messages on answerphone.  Then tried to make call.  No dial tone.  Sounds loike open circuit line (some hiss).  Used troubleshooter and plusne checked line. Answer was "oops, seems to be a problem - ring the team on 08004320200.  Rang using old mobile.  Facility shut!!! so directed back to on line system for troubleshooting.

The dreaded "do loop" again.  I know times are hard at the moment  but .........  Is there any way anybody knows to reach a human being who might be able to help with my problem?

I await any thoughts.

Quackers

4 REPLIES 4
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Re: Home phone not working

@quackers987  Welcome to the forum.  😊

The "oops" message is a permanent 'quirk' with Plusnet's system - in all likelihood the fault has automatically been passed to Openreach and a ticket created.

The Plusnet staffers are under pressure, obviously, but when one spots this post you'll get confirmation and further guidance.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 8

Welcome to the Forum @quackers987 

Have a look in your account online and see if the troubleshooter opened a ticket. I have a memory that an error message sometimes appears from the troubleshooter even when the tests have run properly and found a problem. If that has happened, the fault will have triggered a ticket which Openreach/Plusnet should be actioning.

If not, there may be Twitter. And the possibility of a Plusnet staffer picking up your post here; but they are thin on the ground at the moment

EDIT: I see @198kHz responded more quickly than I.

quackers987

Thanks for that.  I'm not sure where I will find evidence of a "ticket" but can find nothing from plusnet since they raised a "question"  2 months ago (about billing) which has had no reply and has mysteriously disappeared!  Perhaps I'm not looking in the right place.  I'll keep trying.

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@quackers987 Is it not here?

https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=search

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)