Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home phone not working

pennyb2019
Dabbler

Home phone not working

Hi

My phone line seems to be down again. Internet is working fine. I've tried the troubleshooting - connecting to master socket, another handset and unplugging everything. There is no dial tone on the line. I've tried calling the landline from my mobile, but when I pick up the landline I can hear ringing out as if I'm calling someone and the call doesn't connect on my mobile.

Please would you be able to look into this?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
sid28

Re: Home phone not working

I've had the same problem for a week now. I was given a date of the 16th for it to be resolved but still nothing!  No-one has updated me about the problem either.

pennyb2019
Dabbler

Hi

I forgot to add that when I receive a call on the landline. Caller display comes up that someone is calling, but the phone doesn't ring.

Thanks

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Try on on-line fault reporter below.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

pennyb2019
Dabbler

Thank you.
I've tried the troubleshooting and still no joy. Please can this be raised as a fault?
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

What happened? Sometimes the phone fault checker reports that it has failed ... but has successfully raised a fault report. Use the PN ticket link below to see if a fault report was raised.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

pennyb2019
Dabbler

Thanks for your message and help.

Phone line checker says something went wrong and I can't find a fault report has been raised, so have raised a ticket on the website.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I've just reported the fault to Openreach for you and have added an update to your account here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=195295596 - Adam 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
pennyb2019
Dabbler

Thank you Adam