cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home phone not working

Sparker74
Dabbler

Home phone not working

Ok so here I am again , dreadful crackling on the home phone line and the internet keeps flicking on and off...

Reported the problem last week had an engineer out on Wednesday and typically the phone behaved and he couldn't find a fault ...he did report bad internet...but today the phone is back to crackling and internet off more than on... What can I do , there must be a sporadic problem somewhere in the line...

Help.

3 REPLIES 3
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Home phone not working

Thanks for getting in touch @Sparker74

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with your phone line.

We've retested your phone line and I'm afraid that it's still not showing any external issues so the only way we can proceed is to arrange another engineer visit.

With regards to the broadband as it comes over the same line, any issues with the phone will affect your broadband connection.

As a result, we need to get the noisy line fixed first as this will most likely resolve the issue.

If you can respond to the ticket on your account and let us know on here once you've done so we can get the issue progressed for you

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Sparker74
Dabbler

Hi I have responded to the ticket on my account.

Thanks 

Sarah 

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for getting back to us @Sparker74

We've updated the ticket for you with details of the appointment

Let us know how you get on

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team