cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home phone not making or receiving calls

FIXED
Broom71

Home phone not making or receiving calls

I have no dial tone on my landline, and the phone doesn't ring when called from a mobile.

On my handsets it says "Check phone line" but there is nothing obviously wrong with the connection.

Can't get through to Plusnet helplines and the chat seems to be down.

any ideas, anyone?

5 REPLIES 5
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Re: Home phone not making or receiving calls

Fix

Two suggestions: Check all phone cables are properly seated - you probably have, so apologies if so. Plug a phone (preferably corded) direct into the test socket behind the front plate of your phone socket - with no other items (Sky box, router &c) and see what, if any, change occurs.

Is your broadband OK?

John
tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

@Broom71 Hi there, we couldn't find any faults when running our testing. Please try some of our checks and let us know if it doesn't work after completion: https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team
Broom71

Thank you, but I acted on the earlier advice and that has fixed my problem, so it was clearly with my connections and not the line.

stay well,

Broom

Broom71

Dear John,

Thanks very much for your reply. I followed your advice and it has fixed my problem -- I guess the connections must have been dirty or dusty.

with best wishes

Broom

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

@Broom71 No problem - as you posted your 'this fixed my problem', I was just typing a suggestion that you did so 😁.

John