cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home phone..is it a bt line?

clairesdog
Grafter

Home phone..is it a bt line?

I currently have my broadband and home phone packages with you, and have done so for a while..however I am looking to move broadband providers, but will be keeping my home phone (I moved house in june and it's a 12 month contract).
Most broadband providers ask that you have a BT phoneline...so is my phoneline still a BT phoneline or not?
and I presume I am OK to keep my home phone package if I end up moving my broadband.

Ta very much
Claire
9 REPLIES 9
Mand
Grafter

Re: Home phone..is it a bt line?

Hi there,
The underlying product is a BT Wholesale product, so technically it is a BT line.
You can move your broadband away and keep your Home Phone, but you'll need to request this specifically.
Is there any particular reason you're looking to move your broadband away? Anything I can help you with?
lingbob
Grafter

I was under the impression that PlusNet Home Phone is only available to PlusNet broadband subscribers. Have the roolz changed?
Regards .....
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
Home Phone is only available to BB customers for new signups, but there are ways to keep the Home Phone manually if transferring the broadband away (this would be handled by our cancellations team).
clairesdog
Grafter

There is a usage issue with my broadband..My usage figures are high for this month, one day I apparently used up half my months allowance, so i have to keep paying for more usage...so I'm thinking as nobody knows why the usage is so high..we have all checked everything, and the usage is recorded as nil when I left the router switched off..so I'm thinking if we don't know what's causing the usage I'll be better of switching to an unlimited provider...which is a bummer cos til all this happeend I have not had a problem with my plusnet service...it's just an option to look at... It will depend if my usage fisgures still keep going up..
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

@clairesdog You seem to have appended to the wrong thread. This is the HomePhone board and broadband usage is not affected by Home Phone calls.
coastergrotto
Grafter

@alanf:
clairesdog is responding to Mand's enquiry as why she wants to move her broadband from Plusnet.
Her original question is if she does that, can she keep her home Phone package, so IMHO she is posting on the correct board.
Not applicable

Claire has posted in the correct section of the forum. Although related, her broadband usage problem is reported in another thread in Community Support.
lingbob
Grafter

Quote from: Mand
Hi there,
Home Phone is only available to BB customers for new signups, but there are ways to keep the Home Phone manually if transferring the broadband away (this would be handled by our cancellations team).

Another question  Smiley
What if one was to move ones broadband to cable (Virgin), could we still continue to get Home Phone from PN.
Regards .....
James
Grafter

I'd certainly hope that one would not perform such a deed, but if one were to move ones broadband supplier, one could continue to receive a home phone service.