cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home phone expected today yet just confirmed as 10th September

BRABUS
Grafter

Home phone expected today yet just confirmed as 10th September

My inlaws placed an order for broadband and home phone on 6th August.  Their broadband goes live today and this morning they have received an e-mail saying that the phone will swap over on 10th September.  They were led to believe by the sales agent that both phone and broadband would go live today (24th). 
Is this normal?  Does this mean that they will have 2 billing dates per month?  Their account is TAFFYLAND.
6 REPLIES 6
csogilvie
Grafter

Re: Home phone expected today yet just confirmed as 10th September

I assume they are moving to Plusnet for the phone (i.e it's not a new install)?
I suspect they will end up with one billing date, but their first bill will probably include a pro-rata payment for the difference between the activation date for the phone line and their billing date.
BRABUS
Grafter

Yes they are moving from BT to Plus Net.  They don't understand why the sales chap gave the impression of today and then only today they are told the 10th.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

This is due to a problem we were experiencing when placing phone and fibre orders at the same time, when doing this one order was cancelling the other meaning that nothing actually got installed. To fix this we changed the process around a week or so ago to make sure that the phone order isn't placed until after the fibre order completes, really sorry you weren't informed of this on the call (I'll take a listen to it and go speak to their manager).
There will only be 1 billing date per month, so there will be a pro-rata charge to cover the difference between the activation dates.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
BRABUS
Grafter

Thanks Chris, this same chap has done some other silly stuff like saying we could select the line rental saver as soon as we had placed the order with him, he even sent us a link to do it.  I know you support guys are helping out on that one but it seems like he may have been more interested in signing people up than giving the right info.  I may be wrong though, he may have just been having a bad day  Grin
quelquod
Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Chris
This is due to a problem we were experiencing when placing phone and fibre orders at the same time, when doing this one order was cancelling the other meaning that nothing actually got installed.

I confirm that this is exactly what happened to me (my expected fibre install didn't materialise because I also took the home phone option) so with a bit of luck the new procedure will iron this out.
Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!
BRABUS
Grafter

I m glad they have realised there is an issue and they are workinga round it but they really need to train staff to tell people when they are placing orders.  My in-laws know how good Plus Net are but other completely new customers don't and would start of with a bad customer experience which is often difficult to turn around.